Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went to a PSG game in Paris back in 2014. It was disappointing because I didn’t get to see Zlatan play because he was injured at the time. It was a pretty boring match. Straight red cards were handed out to both teams in the first half and 2 of the 3 goals were penalties.

Not only did he start, but Lucas Moura was the guy who took both penalties. I didn’t know who he was at the time so I didn’t even remember that he was the guy that scored twice!

Lucas goals @1:52 and 2:35

I remember in one of the F.A. cup replays he was jumping for every header and was getting into the air way better than Llorente was during that game
That’s not saying much though. I think I’m better in the air than Llorente having seen him last season. I’m just hoping Moura gets a solid pre season under his belt. There’s a good player in there imo. He’s been mishandled at PSG and probably needs his confidence rebuilding. Poch will have him flying by the start of the season
:avbpray:

That’s not saying much though. I think I’m better in the air than Llorente having seen him last season. I’m just hoping Moura gets a solid pre season under his belt. There’s a good player in there imo. He’s been mishandled at PSG and probably needs his confidence rebuilding. Poch will have him flying by the start of the season
:avbpray:

Yeah that is a fair point, I think it was just something that I really noticed, it was just a bit striking when you look at the height difference and Llorente's reputation as that big man up top who wins headers and then you've got this short bloke leaping like a bloody salmon

I am looking forward to seeing Lucas play next season though, he's looked better every time I've seen him play and as you say now Poch has him for a pre-season...
:pochohshit:

Really want to see this guy kick on, the only worry I have is our bar is set so high, we have players like dele, son and eriksen that perform so well. Their stats are all insane.

To displace them he would have to be scoring or assisting almost every single game I feel.

Really want to see this guy kick on, the only worry I have is our bar is set so high, we have players like dele, son and eriksen that perform so well. Their stats are all insane.

To displace them he would have to be scoring or assisting almost every single game I feel.

Looks to have it in his locker tho and seems well suited to the league , time will tell but I have good vibes from Lucas.

Any else think Poch used him sparingly to save him for this season. We've clearly had a winger problem in our attacking setup, but if we end up signing Martial, having Son, Moura and Martial sorts that problem out.

Any else think Poch used him sparingly to save him for this season. We've clearly had a winger problem in our attacking setup, but if we end up signing Martial, having Son, Moura and Martial sorts that problem out.
Yup. He talked a lot about how January signings were always to be seen as for next season rather than as immediate impact. He gave Lucas time to acclimatize himself to the squad and club. This season it's time to rock n' roll

I agree with the general sentiment in here. Can't wait to see how he'll do next year!

Without the slightest of hesitations, I'd see Moura on the field instead of buying Zaha, Shaqiri or number of other targets we are associated with. Only Bale (true world class) and Martial (different skillset, and more suited to play instead of Kane then any current options including Llorente) would be ones up to now that I'd even mention in the same sentence as Moura ;)

I love the way he runs with the ball, really good close control
I can definitely see him becoming another "Son" like player for us all being well

Back
Top Bottom