Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hasn’t scored since patient zero in Wuhan, but he made 10 tackles against Woolwich that time

EJTtxEQWwAA2E-S.jpg:large

I am glad he managed to get his first goal in 287 days for us.

But man, he was so wasteful today. He HAS to be better and definitely has to do more now that Son is facing a lengthy time out.

I am glad he managed to get his first goal in 287 days for us.

But man, he was so wasteful today. He HAS to be better and definitely has to do more now that Son is facing a lengthy time out.

Yes we will hear a lot about that goal in which others did the hard work, but the reality was he was pretty useless all game.

But as always with Moura people will ignore the majority of his play and focus on the few times he managed to actually score as though that justifies it.

Just listening to Alasdair Gold's latest video and he gave a stat that sums up Lucas. Before yesterday's goal, Christian Eriksen had scored a PL goal more recently that Lucas had. Lucas has started nearly every game for Jose.

The way he picks the ball up in good positions and then runs into trouble or picks the wrong pass is infuriating at times.
If he got his head up and had a bit more composure in his game he could be so much more effective.

He joined us two years ago and barring the odd game/goal, persists in running down blind alleys and physically into the opposition. For his size however, he is very good in the air and wins balls that he has no right to.

No idea (other than a shortage of options) what successive managers see in him. I was hoping Bergwijn would be a direct replacement, but has been awful lately.

I never thought I'd say it, but Lamela might be a better option.

Nice goal today and is helping Vinicius settle in

Will be great in the Europa for us this season

"Carlos did very well today. He did two assists and made a good game. He's the kind of player we missed in this squad, another number nine. Another Brazilian as well is good for me."

"It's too early to speak about a trophy but I'm very confident in this season. We have a very good squad and we'll need everyone because we've got a lot of games and not a lot of time to rest."

Terrible once again.

This should cement his place as a Europa a League player only but I imagine Jose will continue to play him since he seems to love him.

13 APPEARANCES
4 GOALS
2 ASSISTS

Not great but not awful, considering he is now a rotational option in our big squad and not all of those appearances are meaningful minutes to contribute. A useful asset IMO and someone that will really have a say in certain games, eg/ A Mourinho park the bus and counter display as he has great pace, but I do think we have never saw him utilized as a counter attacking outlet?

Back
Top Bottom