Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another brazilian midfielder?
carroll-wtf.png

i've not really followed his development since he left sao paulo but if he's a flop in the french league, he's gonna struggle big time here
He's not a flop , he's just up against superb players there. And the leaders of the weaker French League have not really struggled against the team that is challenging for the title and has the "best manager ever" did they

No chance considering how much PSG paid for him, his wages, PSG probably going to the semis of the CL tonight and bigger clubs than us would want him

We're already up against the home-grown player limits, and a lot of people are talking about selling Lennon, Dawson, etc. Without lobbying to have the foreign player quotas scrapped altogether, I'm not sure how people are crafting these absurd transfer scenarios.

No thank you. We've got to figure out how to make what we've got work. Priority for me is a new coach and a new LB, not more attacking players.

We're already up against the home-grown player limits, and a lot of people are talking about selling Lennon, Dawson, etc. Without lobbying to have the foreign player quotas scrapped altogether, I'm not sure how people are crafting these absurd transfer scenarios.

No thank you. We've got to figure out how to make what we've got work. Priority for me is a new coach and a new LB, not more attacking players.

Can't see us selling ether as they are both good squad players..I think we should sell siggi at the very least and perhaps two or three others..pretty sure if we were to get Lucas (which is very unlikely) the men upstairs would have realised this issue and fixed it..
We have plenty of players that fit the home grown status as it stands..Lennon, Dawson, bentaleb, Carroll, Livermore, Kane, rose, fryers, archer, Townsend ..off the top of my head.. There's prob more, plus you only need 8..

Can't see us selling ether as they are both good squad players..I think we should sell siggi at the very least and perhaps two or three others..pretty sure if we were to get Lucas (which is very unlikely) the men upstairs would have realised this issue and fixed it..
We have plenty of players that fit the home grown status as it stands..Lennon, Dawson, bentaleb, Carroll, Livermore, Kane, rose, fryers, archer..off the top of my head.. There's prob more, plus you only need 8..
Bentaleb, Carroll, and Kane probably need a prem loan next season. Rose, Fryers, Archer, Naughton either aren't ready or don't look good enough.

I don't see our first team changing substantially, and we are up against a wall. Siggy counts as home-grown, so selling him would put us even closer.

I don't see them leaving, but that leaves us just Dawson, Lennon, and Townsend playing a squad role, so pretty much in order to stay within the quota we've got to keep players that either aren't good enough or who aren't going to get enough game-time with us next season in order to develop.

Which is a problem.

Bentaleb, Carroll, and Kane probably need a prem loan next season. Rose, Fryers, Archer, Naughton either aren't ready or don't look good enough.

I don't see our first team changing substantially, and we are up against a wall. Siggy counts as home-grown, so selling him would put us even closer.

I don't see them leaving, but that leaves us just Dawson, Lennon, and Townsend playing a squad role, so pretty much in order to stay within the quota we've got to keep players that either aren't good enough or who aren't going to get enough game-time with us next season in order to develop.

Which is a problem.

Issue with this new quota is you ether have to put development players in your 25 or buy expensive home grown 1st teamers...I mean I like Lallana but I hate to think how much we'd have to pay for him..
Not that getting Lucas solves any of these issues though

Issue with this new quota is you ether have to put development players in your 25 or buy expensive home grown 1st teamers...I mean I like Lallana but I hate to think how much we'd have to pay for him..
Not that getting Lucas solves any of these issues though
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom