Luis Enrique.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to say something probably deeply unpopular but fuck it.....

I can't stand what football has become, EVERY fucking game is treated as a fucking funeral these days with a minutes applause, silence, black armbands etc. What for? It doesn't seem to matter who or what we are supposed to mourn, be it a supporter who died of cancer, or a players farther, a suicide bomb (but seeing as these go off several times a day, "we get to be highly selective which ones we are supposed to mourn and which ones to ignore) or in this case a managers daughter.

I genuinely have the deepest sympathy with anyone who has had to go through personal loss, I'm sure many on this forum have had to deal with a tragedy and for those who haven't it's devastating and deeply upsetting for family and friends.

But why force your grief onto us? Like in this case, I didn't even know he had a daughter, let alone know her name. I don't wish to offend him or anyone but so what?

The Clubs should rightly acknowledge their "own", shine a light on them when they pass, reflect upon their lives and the impact they had on the Club. There will also be big players who pass who weren't Tottenham, like Gordon Banks who rightly so his life should be remembered and CELEBRATED but "we" are fast becoming something bordering obsessive on morbid fascination.

Remembrance Sunday is not far off and this has gone from a day of remembrance to a month-long wake.

I can't stand what football has become, EVERY fucking game is treated as a fucking funeral these days with a minutes applause, silence, black armbands etc. What for? It doesn't seem to matter who or what we are supposed to mourn, be it a supporter who died of cancer, or a players farther, a suicide bomb (but seeing as these go off several times a day, "we get to be highly selective which ones we are supposed to mourn and which ones to ignore) or in this case a managers daughter.

I genuinely have the deepest sympathy with anyone who has had to go through personal loss, I'm sure many on this forum have had to deal with a tragedy and for those who haven't it's devastating and deeply upsetting for family and friends.

But why force your grief onto us? Like in this case, I didn't even know he had a daughter, let alone know her name. I don't wish to offend him or anyone but so what?

The Clubs should rightly acknowledge their "own", shine a light on them when they pass, reflect upon their lives and the impact they had on the Club. There will also be big players who pass who weren't Tottenham, like Gordon Banks who rightly so his life should be remembered and CELEBRATED but "we" are fast becoming something bordering obsessive on morbid fascination.

Remembrance Sunday is not far off and this has gone from a day of remembrance to a month-long wake.
A bloke's 9 year old daughter dies from cancer and your response is - "I didn't even know he had a daughter, let alone know her name. I don't wish to offend him or anyone but so what?"

You come across as a bit of a scumbag with that post. Would have been better off ignoring it if you were that upset by the thread.

It's just the footballing community showing a bit of empathy to a high profile name in football who's suffered something awful that we can all relate to.

If you are not interested take ya mothers advice

"If you haven't got anything nice to say don't say anything at all"

A bloke's 9 year old daughter dies from cancer and your response is - "I didn't even know he had a daughter, let alone know her name. I don't wish to offend him or anyone but so what?"

You come across as a bit of a scumbag with that post. Would have been better off ignoring it if you were that upset by the thread.
I've ignored numerous others fella, I've just had enough of it and the hypocrisy of football grieving.

And there we go, if you aren't seen to be publicly mourning or showing your grief you must be a scumbag. Must be seen to publicly mourn and grieve. I wonder if there is a tinge of disappointment that the press hasn't published any pictures of the corpse at least everyone got their rocks off with Sala and Reyes on that one recently.

Frankly, there's nothing more scumbag than faking it, pretending to give a shit, then shouting come on you Spurs, the moment the ref blows his whistle. But it's OK you grieved and you made sure everyone saw you doing it, but then nothing better to really show just how much better at it you are than someone else than let's call those that don't do it scumbags.

I've ignored numerous others fella, I've just had enough of it and the hypocrisy of football grieving.

And there we go, if you aren't seen to be publicly mourning or showing your grief you must be a scumbag. Must be seen to publicly mourn and grieve. I wonder if there is a tinge of disappointment that the press hasn't published any pictures of the corpse at least everyone got their rocks off with Sala and Reyes on that one recently.

Frankly, there's nothing more scumbag than faking it, pretending to give a shit, then shouting come on you Spurs, the moment the ref blows his whistle. But it's OK you grieved and you made sure everyone saw you doing it, but then nothing better to really show just how much better at it you are than someone else than let's call those that don't do it scumbags.
I called you a scumbag for your post, there a great many who have read this thread and likely agreed with you then decided to move onto another thread without making a scummy comment.

You purposely posted on a thread about a 9 year old dying of cancer - "who cares?". That is scummy, in fact a little cuntish.

Don't try to twist what I am pulling you out over.

I called you a scumbag for your post, there a great many who have read this thread and likely agreed with you then decided to move onto another thread without making a scummy comment.

You purposely posted on a thread about a 9 year old dying of cancer - "who cares?". That is scummy, in fact a little cuntish.

Don't try to twist what I am pulling you out over.
You just can't handle a light shone on the lust of morbid curiosity, masked by a vale of fake grief and mourning.

Where's the Steve Bruce & Tony Pulis thread mourning over the deaths of their parents? Or they don't count in the grieving stakes as worthy because they were old? Shit managers, who played a shit brand of football?

Spin the mirror around and take a look. I bet you (the metaphorical you) searched for Sala's morgue photo's on the internet (the highest google search for 48hrs) and then made a public acknowledgement of sympathy just to cover the guilt. And yet those searching for the wreckage of smashed-up cars, footage of helicopters crashing into a car park outside Leicester's ground hoping to witness dead body picks are not scumbags because they faked their grief with a public display of grief.

I've called it as it is. It's an uncomfortable truth yet it's a reality in our society today and in football, it's become truly nauseating turning almost every game into a funeral.

You just can't handle a light shone on the lust of morbid curiosity, masked by a vale of fake grief and mourning.

Where's the Steve Bruce & Tony Pulis thread mourning over the deaths of their parents? Or they don't count in the grieving stakes as worthy because they were old? Shit managers, who played a shit brand of football?

Spin the mirror around and take a look. I bet you (the metaphorical you) searched for Sala's morgue photo's on the internet (the highest google search for 48hrs) and then made a public acknowledgement of sympathy just to cover the guilt. And yet those searching for the wreckage of smashed-up cars, footage of helicopters crashing into a car park outside Leicester's ground hoping to witness dead body picks are not scumbags because they faked their grief with a public display of grief.

I've called it as it is. It's an uncomfortable truth yet it's a reality in our society today and in football, it's become truly nauseating turning almost every game into a funeral.

I think you are over thinking this and presenting silly arguments here.

Firstly a 50 something year old man losing his elderly father is a world away from a father losing his 9 year old daughter, one is most people's biggest fear and unimaginable that it will ever happen to you the other is a sad but inevitable reality, not the best case in point.

Sala or the Leicester incident really have nothing to do with people feeling some sadness and empathy for the death of a 9 year old, I don't really understand what your problem is here.

I don't think your a scumbag or that you should feel anything for a girl you've never met or didn't know existed but you shouldn't be applying some crazy logic to others that do display some emotional response just because some others are disingenuous.

I think you have a point in there somewhere tbh, tho you haven't got it across very well, the amount of 20 some things I saw feigning their utter distress at the death of David Bowie on social media was cringe worthy and largely totally false in my opinion a man who was 40-50 years older than them who's success came ten years before they were born, I'm sure they were all super fans!

Huh?

Nobody is faking grief here or even claiming to be grieving, people are just empathising with someone else's loss and expressing sadness over the death of a child. I don't even have children, but even I know that parents shouldn't have to bury their kids, and I can't begin to imagine how horrible it must have been for the family to watch a 9 year old battle cancer.

If you want to rant about all that other crap take it elsewhere because it's pretty cuntish to do it in this thread. You may have a valid point or view, but this isn't the place for it and that why John called you out.

Last month I lost my Mum to cancer, it hit me hard, very hard. However I knew it was coming and she was almost 80. If I lost one of my children that would be very different and would most likely kill me too, I would certainly never recover from my grief..

I started a thread about a bloke losing his 9 year old daughter and all you can do is post hatred and some sort of perceived agenda driven bollocks.

The 'who cares' line is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen written on here and as you know some awful stuff has been written.

I will not be interacting with a person such as yourself anymore.

Back
Top Bottom