Made me laugh (Football Edition)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not her job though is it.

Can't be rewarding players for doing that no matter how deserving it might be, otherwise you're setting a bad precedent.
No it's not her job to try to ensure players are safe on the pitch/in their workplace. Unfortunatley whoever had that responsibility was failing miserably. And I just don't think she should have been punished for it

No it's not her job to try to ensure players are safe on the pitch/in their workplace. Unfortunatley whoever had that responsibility was failing miserably. And I just don't think she should have been punished for it

Well you need to set a deterrant for when it happens again, what happens if the person who runs on the pitch is armed for example?

There is such a thing as doing the right and wrong thing at the same time

Last edited:
Well you need to set a deterrant for when it happens again, what happens if the player who runs on the pitch is armed for example?

There is such a thing as doing the right and wrong thing at the same time
I think publicly it was right that she was punished.

Privately I hope she received some kind of reward or acknowledgement.

Did you know that the actor, Yul Brynner was a life long Liverpool supporter and he never wore aftershave in his life.

That's right .....

Yul never wore cologne.

Ill See Myself Out GIF by 99.1 The Mix

LEFT BACK

Pub footballer who won comp for Roberto Carlos to play with his team set to miss match – as they both play same position​

• 22:24, 21 Feb 2022
  • Updated: 22:25, 21 Feb 2022
A SUNDAY league footballer who won a competition for Brazil legend Roberto Carlos to join his team may have to stay on the bench — as they both play left-back.
Liam Turrall persuaded the gaffer of his pub side to pay £5 to enter eBay’s Dream Transfer raffle.

Their outfit — Bull in the Barne Utd — won and now have the superstar turning out for them.

But software engineer Liam might not make the squad as he plays in the same position as the ex-Real Madrid star, 48.

But the 29-year-old still has age on his side and is hitting the gym in the hope of making selection.

World Cup winner Carlos, used to playing in stadiums such as Real’s 81,000-seater Santiago Bernabeu, will find himself on a muddy park field in Shropshire, in division one of the Greenhous Shrewsbury & District Sunday Football League.

“The pitches are full of bobbles, the linesmen are substitutes or fans, and for all our effort we are definitely not world-class players.
“Arguments, scuffles and a lot of fouling is commonplace.

“I’m sure there will be a few opposition players that want to leave a mark on him.”

Carlos has not played professionally for six years and Liam is hoping there is still room for both of them on the pitch.

He said: “No doubt he will be a fantastic asset to the team.

“To have that level of experience and technical ability, I’ll be looking to play off him as much as possible, knowing if I make that lung-busting run he can find me.

“I’ll be fulfilled if we can exchange some quality interplay down the flank and set up — or dare I say score in a dream scenario — a goal at the end of it.”

'HE OWES ME ONE'​

Liam’s team is named after his local boozer and he hopes to get Carlos down there for a few post-match cold ones.

He joked: “His pockets are deeper than mine, but I’ll get him one so I can say he owes me one.”

The date of the match has not yet been confirmed.

The eBay raffle also saw England Lionesses ace Eni Aluko, 35, paired with Sussex Sunday League team Pevensey and Westham FC for a one-off game.

TV’s Chris Kamara will commentate for both games.

The eBay raffle’s proceeds go to charity Football Beyond Borders.

Back
Top Bottom