Man Citeh (Away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OH FFS. Debating who insulted who first? Come on folks. Even I don't do that. :vert:
I'm not, I'm simply pointing out why I want to put a stop to the pointless waste of everyones time it has all become. Mr Tucker doesn't seem to want to let things go, without me slapping the canvas and shouting "I surrender!"

You are now merely proliferating the problem.

OK, I said that Dembele was either good or ordinary, I stand by that.
I said that it was difficult to remember seeing a Spurs player carrying the ball into the Man city box during sundays game, you stated that they were last seasons champions and that we did it several times against Man Utd. You also attempted to belittle me by constructing an argument I hadn't offered, and then beating me to death with it.

I also said that I had seen spurs players doing this against Man City, Bale in particular, but you conveniently ignored this as it doesn't serve to back up your point.

You then started telling me not to act the cunt because I ridiculed your response, I had stated that I thought little of your aspirations if you thought Dembele was the answer to our problems and you said that I knew nothing about football.

I never stated that Dembele was the answer to all our problems, just that we were really missing him. I take it by your stance you think we are fine without our £15 million pound man?

you then posted a rant where you kept repeating that no team had beaten city at home or defeated them all season, and repeated it in large font several times (I always love that shouty, repetitive methodology in an argument) and then because I said I wasn't prepared to continue discussing things because you were being insulting and obnoxious, you then went off on one and started posting gifs of clapping actors.

Well frankly you have taken my slightly jokey way of making a point and twisted it to look like I was making a ranty shouty argument. I wasn't if I wanted to shout on the internet I would use my caps lock. I thought every man and his wife new Caps was the way to be shouty on tinternet. I used bold and large font because I can tell you are the type of person who would ignore the point anyway, which you did. You based your argument largely on the fact that City are shit defensively and our players should have been dribbling past them like Maradona against Peter Reid.
I can see you are the type of person, that when challenged gets all defensive and starts pointing at things away from the actual debate "wah wah he said I don't know anything about football" etc.

I haven't really insulted you at all, if the truth be known, and if you believe that I have, then you have a very low threshold to pain where insults are concerned. What you have a problem with is people disagreeing with your opinions on footballing matters, and when they are questioned - you blow up and start posting insults.
You don't respond well to people making jokes about your opinions either. I did that because I thought it was less offensive than calling you names. Most of the adults I hang around with take the mickey out of each others footballing opinions (when they don't share/agree with them) routinely in conversation, and no-one gets the arseholes with each other. You don't work that way. Like I said, I know what you are now, and I see little point in discussing anything with you, particularly as you believe that the discourse is a battle and that you are winning it.
You like pictures. We'll call it a draw....
knight3.jpg

Pot Kettel Black

At least I TRY and make salient points to the debate, you clearly, need to obfuscate and distract the argument away from the source until no one really cares that you were wrong. It's a rather good tactic, but to be honest, it's not going to work with me.

I also said that I had seen spurs players doing this against Man City, Bale in particular, but you conveniently ignored this as it doesn't serve to back up your point.

I never stated that Dembele was the answer to all our problems, just that we were really missing him. I take it by your stance you think we are fine without our £15 million pound man?

Well frankly you have taken my slightly jokey way of making a point and twisted it to look like I was making a ranty shouty argument. I wasn't if I wanted to shout on the internet I would use my caps lock. I thought every man and his wife new Caps was the way to be shouty on tinternet. I used bold and large font because I can tell you are the type of person who would ignore the point anyway, which you did. You based your argument largely on the fact that City are shit defensively and our players should have been dribbling past them like Maradona against Peter Reid.
I can see you are the type of person, that when challenged gets all defensive and starts pointing at things away from the actual debate "wah wah he said I don't know anything about football" etc.

Pot Kettel Black

At least I TRY and make salient points to the debate, you clearly, need to obfuscate and distract the argument away from the source until no one really cares that you were wrong. It's a rather good tactic, but to be honest, it's not going to work with me.
YpOdA.gif

I didn't say that no-one had done it, just that it was hard to remember - which for clarity, is my way of saying, its hard to remember because it didn't happen very often. I remember Bale crossing the ball across the box, but I have no recollection of him attacking the goal and becoming a viable threat. I do know that they have a reasonable defence, with an excellent midfield screen - my point was that we seemed happier to soak up pressure and hope for the best, rather than throw a few punches ourself. Its my opinion, I believe its one I'm entitled to hold, on the basis that its one I thought up all on my own.

In the current circumstances, he's going to look like the second coming of Christ, but personally I believe that he is too erratic to rely on, its also a view that I have hear (read) Fulham fans say about him, unplayable one game, invisible the next. A Taarabt deluxe, if you will.

There you go - creating arguments I have never voiced and trying to ridicule me for them. I believe the popular expression is straw man argument

No - I don't like discussing anything with people who tell me I'm talking utter bullshit, when its they who are putting words in my mouth - or extrapolating aguments into thoughts I didn't express. Basically, if you become an ignorant foul mouthed arse, at my expense, I'm not going to play along. I'm more than happy to explain my POV though.

Pot Kettel Black

Nice line, the only thing that I would take issue with, is that its totally wrong. The closest you came to making a salient point was to repeat something several times in ever increasing fonts. In a jokey way, apparently.

Like I said, I'm happy to explain anything I say, but I'm fucked if I'm going to sit on my hands whilst you invent stuff on my behalf and then give it a battering, whilst calling me names.

If you want a discussion though, I'll happily exchange views. As things stand, I see nothing you have said to change my opinion(s) and if its any interest, I don't disagree massively with any of yours, just the way you express them.

For my part, I'm sorry this deteriorated in the way it did, I wasn't trying to piss you off in the manner that it seems to have done.

I said/he said/you said/she said...

GET A FUCKING ROOM... FUCK IT OUT BETWEEN YOU, AND GET ON WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIVES, THE PAIR OF YOU'S!

...we've got an entire season of this otherwise FFS!

GET A FUCKING ROOM... FUCK IT OUT BETWEEN YOU, AND GET ON WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIVES, THE PAIR OF YOU'S!

...we've got an entire season of this otherwise FFS!
why don't you go and fuck yourself? Or are you really god, and you are allowed by divine right to tell other people how to behave on internet message boards?
The reason this sort of thing escalates and gets out of hand, is because people make inflammatory comments...........err, like the one you just made.

Go stick your dick in a mincer - either type will do.

why don't you go and fuck yourself? Or are you really god, and you are allowed by divine right to tell other people how to behave on internet message boards?
The reason this sort of thing escalates and gets out of hand, is because people make inflammatory comments...........err, like the one you just made.

Go stick your dick in a mincer - either type will do.

Bloody hell... talk about over reaction! chill the fuck out... my dick was spent in a mincer LONG ago... there's nothing you could suggest I do with it that hasn't already been done!

It was only meant in jest... besides, the POINT I was trying to make, soppy chops, is that this is a message board for SPURS fans... that's right, fans of THE SAME CLUB... so bitching between yourselves is doing very little for the harmony of our support... oh, and dawg gawn, you've gawn and got me at it now... damn you to hell!!

It's OK... i'm one of the go(o)d guys! Please don't tell me to go fuck myself... already tried, and its' physically impossible!

oh, nearly forgot, Bless you my son...
Lossa love, Mwah! 1882 :avbshit:

Right back at you

never ceases to amaze me that people who support the same club, get so fucked off at one another on the internet. If we all met in the Bell and Hare, we'd all get on like a house on fire, even if we disagreed - because we all share the same passion.

(you lot do like backscuttling women dressed as nuns whilst kitted out in a frogmans suit filled with astroglide and rice crispies.........am I right?)

Back
Top Bottom