Man City ban overturned.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This has actually made me sick

As if this fucken year can't get any worse - more proof corrupt evil always triumphs over good

Disgrace of a club and disgrace the PL is allowing this propaganda for human rights violations of a money-laundering organisation to exist

Fuck European places.... This is about the integrity of the game.

Game is for sale. Dirty cunts can do whatever they want now.....

One more nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
The least surprising thing ever

What is the point in FFP or bothering with a ban in the first place?
You always know it will get overturned

This has actually made me sick

As if this fucken year can't get any worse - more proof corrupt evil always triumphs over good

Disgrace of a club and disgrace the PL is allowing this propaganda for human rights violations of a money-laundering organisation to exist
It's genuinely fucking evil, killing people, using them as slaves, yet the more clubs they buy to more people will 'like' the owners and what they stand for

I wonder if City will further appeal the 10m Euro fine?

I'm mean, if they are not in the wrong here then surely they will want the record set straight......or will they be absolutely delighted with the outcome and never mention this ever again......

That part of the fine was served because they failed to assist UEFA adequately from the start. It’s not in relation to the FFP offence directly.

Maybe they should appeal it though as they’d probably get £10m plus 6 additional points at the start of next season.

We all saw this coming. Doesn't make it any less of a fucking joke though, does it?

Carbon clubs ruining the fucking sport, bring on the Euroleague and leave us the fuck out of it.

:dembelefingers:

The rules do have problems FFP should have been stricter in the first place.

The problem is that at some point big spending has to stop because a club can't sustain the costs naturally, this is why people were so annoyed about Real Madrid doing deals with the government to wash debt away.

What is wrong is someone coming in to a club and putting in hundreds of millions of pounds that a club could never raise as a business or could continue to afford. Because if an owner decides to leave the project, that club faces bankruptcy in the absence of a white Knight.

Now this is not common at the top tier but if you know your local non league or lower league clubs you can find several examples of chairmen putting in good money then withdrawing 5 years later, 2 years afterwards the club has gone bankrupt. FFP is not just about the top of the game, it's trying to prepare football clubs for the real world.

Man City and Chelsea have played the system and won, it's not right and though the law might be an ass, the bigger message is that if you do what you want and get questions afterwards, just take it to Cas with a good lawyer. Meanwhile everyone spends more than they should to keep up with the chasing pack. Sometimes nearly the entire club revenue, which is where things get problematic, what's more problematic? When clubs disguise sponsorship to lower the ratio, so the data is questionable and the club is not as secure as it seems.

This is not just about Spurs, it's the wellbeing of every club in the league, in most cases spending more on players and wages than they can justify. I am not saying that Levy has an excuse not to spend, more that the trend of overspending could create a league where a lot of clubs end up in dire straits. Also I don't want a competition which is prefaced on which club had the best spending power, that makes the whole exercise fairly pointless.

Top post.....

:adesalute:

Those using this as an avenue to bemoan what Spurs do or don't spend are completely missing the point.....

Felt quite chipper after the scum result, but yesterday was a sad sad day for football.

Jose made a great point. If they were innocent of the charges why did they get fined ? If you're not guilty you walk away free as a bird and with no penalty. The whole thing stinks and I have a feeling we may (if there's any justice in this world) have another Sepp Blatter type fiasco revealed in years to come. Sadly by then though it will be too late.

Back
Top Bottom