Man City ban overturned.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good for Klopp and JM for at least injecting some kind of rational thought in thier reactions to this. I don't know a much about FFP rules but if they were "disguising equity funds as sponsorship contributions" and banned by UEFA then what evidence shows they weren't disguising funds? I haven't heard mention of that. Just a bunch of peope saying, See we/they didn't do anything wrong! We/they deserve everything we've/they've cheated towards, apologize and tell me how great we/they are!

:pochcmon:

Why not simply raise cash equity from supporters? Give them ownership by buying shares of the club. Maybe even aim to have clubs majority owned by supporters? Gives them voting rights like any other shareholder.

Separate and apart from season ticket holders

Fan ownership works well in Germany, its largely a shit show in S America

Jose made a great point. If they were innocent of the charges why did they get fined ? If you're not guilty you walk away free as a bird and with no penalty. The whole thing stinks and I have a feeling we may (if there's any justice in this world) have another Sepp Blatter type fiasco revealed in years to come. Sadly by then though it will be too late.

More to do with corruption than anything
Some but not only, presidents promising the world to get elected and running up debt to fulfil. Fans voting for the presidents who promise the biggest spend. No outside investment as no possibility for returns.

Tim vickery speaks about it a lot.

Fans should turn their back on the game for a year it's obscene having a regime like Man City's owners represented in the premier League and makes the premier League's black lives Matter token gesture seem even more pathetic.

Fans should turn their back on the game for a year it's obscene having a regime like Man City's owners represented in the premier League and makes the premier League's black lives Matter token gesture seem even more pathetic.
All away fans should boycott their games next season

Jose made a great point. If they were innocent of the charges why did they get fined ? If you're not guilty you walk away free as a bird and with no penalty. The whole thing stinks and I have a feeling we may (if there's any justice in this world) have another Sepp Blatter type fiasco revealed in years to come. Sadly by then though it will be too late.
It now seems the penalty for over-spending is to pay a fine - which of course means further overspending which is absurd.

Interesting to see the full wording when it comes out: clearly something very suspect went on and, if I’m reading it right, some of the charges were rejected based on the 5-year wording in the document. The fact that, literally, everyone (except City) presumed this was going to be upheld, pretty much tells you they were guilty but it was dismissed on a technicality.

we won’t know until the documents are published, though. It may all be perfectly legit but there’s often no smoke without fire and the ‘inconclusive evidence’ suggests there’s something there, just couldn’t be proved.

Hate them more than the dippers.

mirror15.jpg

City fan I just wanted to give our perspective on the issue since. A lot of city fans have spent the last however many years becoming experts on accounts FFP UEFA politics etc etc All the stuff a lot of other fan still ignore with there own club let alone rival clubs. We would all rather just be interested in football but all the other stuff is increasingly important.

This was an independent court that found us not guilt. The allegations come from out of context emails. This whole issue was investigated by UEFA with the original punishment for over spending and we where not completely but effectively cleared and that investigation was based on expert opinions and audited accounts not allegedly hacked or stolen emails many years late which are out of context and may or may not show what happened I can say I am going to do something does not mean I actually do it.

Our INDEPENDENTLY audited accounts, show no sponsorship from related parties and they follow UK and international standards and laws.

UEFA disagreed but could not really either prove it or prove any inflation. So as compromise they limited to secondary sponsors from increasing the value for a period of time and the other sponsor Etihad they said was fair value.

Its a matter of public record who owns Etihad and the other sponsors from the UAE and its no the Sheik nor are they as connected to our owner through management as the media would have you believe.

The emails which the media would have you believe are a smoking gun are out of context and and do not refer to our owner but HH which is Mohammed bin Zayed AL Nahyan who is the crown prince the top dog. They reference companies which we know are sponsoring city and its a matter of public record that they are and that they are not owned or controlled by our owner.

Its hardly surprising that City are able to spend so much these days given the high level of sponsorship mostly not from the UAE the lack of debt interest repayments or owners taking profit the high level or prize winnings the decent stadium we also make more than any club at the moment through sales of youth players. CFG also allows us to share costs such as scouting management finance marketing etc etc over multiple clubs

Despite the above clearly the narrative is that City got off on a technicality

Have you been caught with 1000's of images of children on your pc? Been spotted on camera commiting rape or murder? Guilty of genocide or hiding weapons of mass destruction? Then why not contact the Manchester City legal team c/o the Etihad stadium Ashton New Rd, Manchester M11 3FF.

City fan I just wanted to give our perspective on the issue since. A lot of city fans have spent the last however many years becoming experts on accounts FFP UEFA politics etc etc All the stuff a lot of other fan still ignore with there own club let alone rival clubs. We would all rather just be interested in football but all the other stuff is increasingly important.

This was an independent court that found us not guilt. The allegations come from out of context emails. This whole issue was investigated by UEFA with the original punishment for over spending and we where not completely but effectively cleared and that investigation was based on expert opinions and audited accounts not allegedly hacked or stolen emails many years late which are out of context and may or may not show what happened I can say I am going to do something does not mean I actually do it.

Our INDEPENDENTLY audited accounts, show no sponsorship from related parties and they follow UK and international standards and laws.

UEFA disagreed but could not really either prove it or prove any inflation. So as compromise they limited to secondary sponsors from increasing the value for a period of time and the other sponsor Etihad they said was fair value.

Its a matter of public record who owns Etihad and the other sponsors from the UAE and its no the Sheik nor are they as connected to our owner through management as the media would have you believe.

The emails which the media would have you believe are a smoking gun are out of context and and do not refer to our owner but HH which is Mohammed bin Zayed AL Nahyan who is the crown prince the top dog. They reference companies which we know are sponsoring city and its a matter of public record that they are and that they are not owned or controlled by our owner.

Its hardly surprising that City are able to spend so much these days given the high level of sponsorship mostly not from the UAE the lack of debt interest repayments or owners taking profit the high level or prize winnings the decent stadium we also make more than any club at the moment through sales of youth players. CFG also allows us to share costs such as scouting management finance marketing etc etc over multiple clubs

Despite the above clearly the narrative is that City got off on a technicality

Great to hear from someone who is clearly an expert on the matter lay it all out so succinctly.
Perhaps next you could explain to all of us how the Qatar world cup bid was clearly all above board. Then maybe follow that up with a brief introduction to Modern Monetary Theory.
Cheers

:mourloopy:

Back
Top Bottom