Man City ban overturned.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City fan I just wanted to give our perspective on the issue since. A lot of city fans have spent the last however many years becoming experts on accounts FFP UEFA politics etc etc All the stuff a lot of other fan still ignore with there own club let alone rival clubs. We would all rather just be interested in football but all the other stuff is increasingly important.

This was an independent court that found us not guilt. The allegations come from out of context emails. This whole issue was investigated by UEFA with the original punishment for over spending and we where not completely but effectively cleared and that investigation was based on expert opinions and audited accounts not allegedly hacked or stolen emails many years late which are out of context and may or may not show what happened I can say I am going to do something does not mean I actually do it.

Our INDEPENDENTLY audited accounts, show no sponsorship from related parties and they follow UK and international standards and laws.

UEFA disagreed but could not really either prove it or prove any inflation. So as compromise they limited to secondary sponsors from increasing the value for a period of time and the other sponsor Etihad they said was fair value.

Its a matter of public record who owns Etihad and the other sponsors from the UAE and its no the Sheik nor are they as connected to our owner through management as the media would have you believe.

The emails which the media would have you believe are a smoking gun are out of context and and do not refer to our owner but HH which is Mohammed bin Zayed AL Nahyan who is the crown prince the top dog. They reference companies which we know are sponsoring city and its a matter of public record that they are and that they are not owned or controlled by our owner.

Its hardly surprising that City are able to spend so much these days given the high level of sponsorship mostly not from the UAE the lack of debt interest repayments or owners taking profit the high level or prize winnings the decent stadium we also make more than any club at the moment through sales of youth players. CFG also allows us to share costs such as scouting management finance marketing etc etc over multiple clubs

Despite the above clearly the narrative is that City got off on a technicality

'Cool' story bro....

Your club is a major stain on this once beautiful game.

Your trophies are meaningless and merely a symbol of sportswashing.

Your hypocritical cunt manager can fuck off too.

City fan I just wanted to give our perspective on the issue since. A lot of city fans have spent the last however many years becoming experts on accounts FFP UEFA politics etc etc All the stuff a lot of other fan still ignore with there own club let alone rival clubs. We would all rather just be interested in football but all the other stuff is increasingly important.

This was an independent court that found us not guilt. The allegations come from out of context emails. This whole issue was investigated by UEFA with the original punishment for over spending and we where not completely but effectively cleared and that investigation was based on expert opinions and audited accounts not allegedly hacked or stolen emails many years late which are out of context and may or may not show what happened I can say I am going to do something does not mean I actually do it.

Our INDEPENDENTLY audited accounts, show no sponsorship from related parties and they follow UK and international standards and laws.

UEFA disagreed but could not really either prove it or prove any inflation. So as compromise they limited to secondary sponsors from increasing the value for a period of time and the other sponsor Etihad they said was fair value.

Its a matter of public record who owns Etihad and the other sponsors from the UAE and its no the Sheik nor are they as connected to our owner through management as the media would have you believe.

The emails which the media would have you believe are a smoking gun are out of context and and do not refer to our owner but HH which is Mohammed bin Zayed AL Nahyan who is the crown prince the top dog. They reference companies which we know are sponsoring city and its a matter of public record that they are and that they are not owned or controlled by our owner.

Its hardly surprising that City are able to spend so much these days given the high level of sponsorship mostly not from the UAE the lack of debt interest repayments or owners taking profit the high level or prize winnings the decent stadium we also make more than any club at the moment through sales of youth players. CFG also allows us to share costs such as scouting management finance marketing etc etc over multiple clubs

"A stopper for closing a hole in a container" springs to my mind whenever I review this :
BUNG
Please do not try and defend your club on a Spurs forum. I'm sure you'll find the same reaction on any other football one you may also choose, except your own of course.

Do you actually believe what you wrote? Saying City havent cheated by being financially doped is like saying water isnt wet, you have the titles , but they are all tainted, your Plastic club sold its soul, none of it means anything, your platic club is owned and a figure piece for one of the worst regimes that exists, the fact your players even support the black lives matter protest is laughable, still all the money in the world and its little Tottenham who knocked you out the CL! :harrysmile:

Great to hear from someone who is clearly an expert on the matter lay it all out so succinctly.
Perhaps next you could explain to all of us how the Qatar world cup bid was clearly all above board. Then maybe follow that up with a brief introduction to Modern Monetary Theory.
Cheers

:mourloopy:

You do know that the UAE is not the same place as Qatar not that FFP has anything to do with world cups and alleged bribery although it was the big clubs that put pressure on UEFA to change FFP to stop city so as to preserve the status quo so they could act as a cartel so I guess you could see some similarities between the two in terms of lack of fairness due process etc. but Qatar was new money perhaps corruptly but not proven spreading football. FFP was old money unfairly stopping new money from spreading football

Do you actually believe what you wrote? Saying City havent cheated by being financially doped is like saying water isnt wet, you have the titles , but they are all tainted, your Plastic club sold its soul, none of it means anything, your platic club is owned and a figure piece for one of the worst regimes that exists, the fact your players even support the black lives matter protest is laughable, still all the money in the world and its little Tottenham who knocked you out the CL! :harrysmile:

We have been cleared but even if we had not been cleared. I do not see any counter arguments in your post and what qualifies you to disagree with audited accounts and UEFA original investigation which although it found us guilt of over spending but that was because they changed the rules some what or changed the guidance at least they did not find we had inflated sponsorship etc. There second investigation which found us guilt (cleared at cas truly independent body unlike UEFA) Was instigated due to allegedly hacked or stolen emails out of context and the investigation was supported by the established order or football royalty with vested interest

Personally I have a lot of time for the older city fans, as we know what it's like to have a neighbour winning things and putting up with a smug, self entitled ' fan' base

But as a club, they are a stain on the sport, which given the corruption and manipulation that goes on, takes some beating.

You do know that the UAE is not the same place as Qatar not that FFP has anything to do with world cups and alleged bribery although it was the big clubs that put pressure on UEFA to change FFP to stop city so as to preserve the status quo so they could act as a cartel so I guess you could see some similarities between the two in terms of lack of fairness due process etc. but Qatar was new money perhaps corruptly but not proven spreading football. FFP was old money unfairly stopping new money from spreading football

I did know that, thanks Ricko.
I was merely implying that since you were conveiniently explaining away the blatant corruption at Man City you might be able to do the same for the Qataris.

We have been cleared but even if we had not been cleared. I do not see any counter arguments in your post and what qualifies you to disagree with audited accounts and UEFA original investigation which although it found us guilt of over spending but that was because they changed the rules some what or changed the guidance at least they did not find we had inflated sponsorship etc. There second investigation which found us guilt (cleared at cas truly independent body unlike UEFA) Was instigated due to allegedly hacked or stolen emails out of context and the investigation was supported by the established order or football royalty with vested interest
You got off on a technicality, your cheaters its as simple as that, your titles only came about after spending over £1.5 billion since 2008 and even now you're still not even the biggest club in Manchester? :levylol:

Personally I have a lot of time for the older city fans, as we know what it's like to have a neighbour winning things and putting up with a smug, self entitled ' fan' base

Fuck 'em! Most clubs have got a bigger, more successful neighbour....

City LAWYER I just wanted to give our perspective on the issue since. A lot of city fans have spent the last however many years becoming experts on accounts FFP UEFA politics etc etc All the stuff a lot of other fan still ignore with there own club let alone rival clubs. We would all rather just be interested in football but all the other stuff is increasingly important.

Corrected for you!

Comes across like something written by a legal person, they never seem to like using commas, etc. in their documents. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this copy and pasted on a number of opposition fan forums!

If our cheating is so obvious how come CAS cleared us of disguised equity finance and no one on here has countered any of my facts ?
Actually, CAS said some of the offences were time barred.
Basically, Club fails to co-operate with investigation and willfully obstructs said investigation, leading to some charges being time barred.

Ask yourself this: if city had nothing to hide, why did they obstruct UEFAs investigation?

I'm sure you sleep comfortably at night in the knowledge that your club was owned by one corrupt regime, and sold on to another.
Me, I woukd be watching a non league team

You got off on a technicality, your cheaters its as simple as that, your titles only came about after spending over £1.5 billion since 2008 and even now you're still not even the biggest club in Manchester? :levylol:

Yep......and Pep has spent 700M of that since 2016..........but now says he needs a 150M injection to freshen things up this summer ha ha.......genius.

They will never get credit for their tainted success anywhere globally by other fans regardless of what their own "bring down the cartel" fans believe and simply they just have no respect in the game outside of their blue bubble. Dont believe their narrative that they were found not guilty either..........their guilt could not be enforced due to time limitations and their fine was reduced from 30M to 10M probably because the right people had their offshore retirement accounts padded.

Actually, just reading back that first paragraph, how embarassing is it that they got beat by so much in the league this year by a club that while not popular on here to many, has done it the right way.

Back
Top Bottom