Man City v Spurs - PL Sat 13th Feb 17:30 GMT - Live on Sky Sports

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shit managers don't win the amount of trophies he has do they.
I think the problem is with our squad that fails time after time
Shit players that now get paid wages that no other club will entertain Kane and Son are the only players that will go to a club that is a step up from Spurs.
They got Poch the sack and will do the same to any manager we employ open your fucking eyes the vast majority of our squad are not top 6 premier league players.
I don't give a fuck what Mourinho has won at Porto and Chelsea nd Inter. He's Spurs manager now and his record as Spurs manager is shit.

He is supposed to be a "Defensive genius" he brought in Ledley to help strengthen our defence through trining, they are getting worse, and through all this Jose seen fit to give to of them bumper new contracts. Not good enough? Ship them out? So dickwall gives them lovely bumper contracts?

Please explain.

When you work with Mendes and his clients he protects them, managers or footballers. There's no easy way to sack them they don't agree to break clauses or anything of the sort. When it's time to go you have to pay them the big money that's why it's difficult for Levy right now.

Like I said, he's here for the long run unless he chooses to resign. These are tough financial times and no way is Levy going to pay up a big money contract just yet.

I think the back four is a huge part of the problem. We're really missing that prime Toby/Jan partnership we had. I'm convinced that if we had a set of defenders we could trust the rest of the team wouldn't need to sit deep or drop back to protect them. Our CBs just aren't good enough.
I don't think the chopping and changing is helping either, I think we need to pick a CB partnership and stick with it for a few games to give them a chance to build a working relationship. I've been quite impressed with Rodon from what I've seen of him so I'd wouldn't mind giving him a run of a few games perhaps alongside Toby. I know Toby is on the decline though so we need to be looking at a long term replacement for him this summer.
100%

Just posted this in the Mourinho thread.

I've just done a check on our CB pairings, as I believe not having a settled CB pairing is affecting us badly.

Up to 1st January
PL games 16
Most used CB pairing:
Toby and Dier, 10 games.
By far the most used pairing. 62.5 % of PL games.

Consecutive run of games using the same parings:
Toby and Dier, 2 lots of a 4 game run, seperated by the Chelsea game where Rodon played alongside Dier.
Was Toby injured ? If so it could of been a 9 game run.

After 1st January
PL games 6
Most used CB pairing
Toby and Dier, 2 games. 25% of games

Consecutive run of games using the same paring;

Since January we have played ZERO games in the PL using the same CB pairing,

I don't count the 3 atb as "CB pairings" for obvious reasons.
If I were then the only time we have played the same CBs in consecutive games post December is against Sheff Utd and Liverpool;
Rodon, Dier and Davies.

Even I'm surprised at the zero consecutive pairings. I was expecting it to be lower but not ZERO.

I would love to know what plans Levy has for Mourinho in his quest for Spurs greatness once again , He believes he is the man who can go on and get us to win things regularly and now believes he is the man who can get us out of this mess we are currently in .
It seems Levy absolutely craves old school Mourinho but all he has got right now is a dated out of touch Mourinho .
Regardless COYS .

I don't give a fuck what Mourinho has won at Porto and Chelsea nd Inter. He's Spurs manager now and his record as Spurs manager is shit.

He is supposed to be a "Defensive genius" he brought in Ledley to help strengthen our defence through trining, they are getting worse, and through all this Jose seen fit to give to of them bumper new contracts. Not good enough? Ship them out? So dickwall gives them lovely bumper contracts?

Please explain.
So it's Ledley's fault then? Bill Belichick In!

I know nothing about about NFL but surely if we throw enough money at the problem?

So it's Ledley's fault then? Bill Belichick In!

I know nothing about about NFL but surely if we throw enough money at the problem?
What do you suggest, if we throw enough money to the EPL we can just buy a trophy. Forget football, just buy ourselves a trophy? Cool

Back
Top Bottom