Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sat 12th March - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have zero expectations for the rest of the games this season.
CR beat us, the rest of his team didn't have much to offer. They were above us in the league,was our performance all that bad? We've got to believe, our travelling fans magnificent as usual, putting money where mouth is. Ah well, my second team Brentford won

Wait, I saw 2 losses in a row in there.

ahha.gif

For some on here who are saying that we played well and only lost because Ronaldo played a blinder, remember that we did not score a single goal from open play; we only scored one goal and that was a penalty.

Imagine we had Liverpools wingbacks...... Our performances would skyrocket
They play in a back 4, something our manager insist on not doing and keeps playing bang average players. We have 3 speedy forwards in son Lucas and berg. For all those faults would you rather them playing than having 5 crap defenders? Surely it would be to our strengths to play in a style that suits the players we have? Kane with say son kulu and berg/Lucas behind him. 2 in CM and flat back playing our “best” defenders we have available. Change the approach to try take the game to the opposition a bit more rather than the passive counter attack style we currently use.

For some on here who are saying that we played well and only lost because Ronaldo played a blinder, remember that we did not score a single goal from open play; we only scored one goal and that was a penalty.
I will never understand the attitude of fans towards own goals. They don't just occur because an opponent decides to turn around and smash the ball into their own net - they occur because we get in good positions and force them to make mistakes. In 99% of cases (including yesterday) they are just as 'worthy', and deserve just as much credit, as goals scored by our own players. (Of course you get the odd 'Lee Dixon' exception, but that's extremely rare).

Because he’s been peripheral for most of this season
So has Kane been but he still managed 2 goals away at table topping City. It happens.

There is always a chance top players no matter their age or form will turn up and do some damage. Regarding Ronaldo I've noticed he nearly always turns up against us, always has done and even if he plays on until his 40's he would still manage to score against us.

The fact we had better xG than United despite many individual bad performances from our players, shows why Conte is a cut above Ralf Rangnick (and probably whoever replaces him).

But quality of players is so important, while they had Ronaldo, we couldn't benefit from our openings.

Doherty is decent?

TAA, Cancelo and James are decent…. This simpleton is not fit to polish their boots ffs

Is everything ok at home?

Yes Doherty is good for 5+ goals and maybe more assists a season, playing regularly. He's also decent defensively. Granted he isn't the most dynamic and tricky on the ball, but he teams up well with Kulu who is. We could certainly add or repurpose a faster option to rotate with him. The issue is we are conceding too many goals. It is not just Ronaldo if we are honest, we were letting too many in against other teams as well. A tall commanding CB, a skillful midfielder, and rotation for Kane and Son come first for me.

Thanks for your concern, but I tend to pop round your mums to unwind. She's got it covered.

It’s not like me to be positive but I didn’t think we were that bad. I thought second half we absolutely penned them in. We dominated them. I can’t believe we lost. We didn’t deserve that

I think a few on here are more upset about this sodding fourth place which we were never in the run for, and its clouded a little bit of judgement .

I’m confident after what I saw last night we could certainly grab 5th or 6th. As long as we don’t finish 7th is the main objective . But all in all I thought we played well

So we lost that, so we should beat Brighton now by our form pattern

Yes Doherty is good for 5+ goals and maybe more assists a season, playing regularly. He's also decent defensively. Granted he isn't the most dynamic and tricky on the ball, but he teams up well with Kulu who is. We could certainly add or repurpose a faster option to rotate with him. The issue is we are conceding too many goals. It is not just Ronaldo if we are honest, we were letting too many in against other teams as well. A tall commanding CB, a skillful midfielder, and rotation for Kane and Son come first for me.

Thanks for your concern, but I tend to pop round your mums to unwind. She's got it covered.
Decent defensively? My god.
It’s not just pace that he lacks, it’s the ability to change direction. Makes Alan Hutton look like Ronaldino he’s so rigid

Agree that he’s good for 5+ goals

I taped MOTD and watched it this morning. Our defence was awful and Dier turning his back when spice boy shot at goal was diabolical. I thought we should have got something out of it and I think we are making progress.
The only good thing about yesterday was a horse running at Sandown yesterday called Killer Kane and yes it won.
COYS

We didn't deserve to lose and United certainly didn't deserve to win, but did we do enough to actually deserve 3 points? Nah. Not really. How many well put together attacking moves did we craft? United scored an OG and gave away a penalty, our other big chance came from a set piece.

We were industrious and tidy in certain areas but nothing more, and it was our own mistakes that killed us. United gave no space for Kane & Son, and pretty much said 'right, go create other kinds of chances' and we failed. Then it becomes which teams individuals thrive, and it was theirs. 2-2 would've been a fair reflection, 3-2 is harsh but hey, put Doherty on Ronaldo for a set piece and you get what you deserve.

I thought it was actually Romero marking Ronaldo for that goal.

Was away all weekend, for funeral with the in laws.

Hellish days in every single way. This doesn't exactly helps.

How did we play? 40 resume, anyone, please.

I don't disagree that he's not an improvement on what we have. I just don't think he offers the creative quality we're desperate for, as he's not that type of player. Kulusevski is but he's not a midfielder. We've been crying out for some creative quality in the middle of the park for such a long time now. If him and Skipp play then it's essential that the third central midfielder is a goal threat and has the ability to create.
Get Christian back asap....

Back
Top Bottom