Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A couple of things from that great compilation...

1) Sissoko seemed to be walking without any limp at the end there, Let's hope it's not too serious

2) Glenn not knowing his history. April 1962, cheated out of a European Cup final by bastard Benfica

Story I was told is that AC Milan didn't dare face us in the final so bribed the referee so that Benfica won and were AC Milan opposition. Bastards

So many side moments to enjoy last night. Trippier’s shhhh to the City fans, Wanyama just chuckling when the Silva goal goes in just WTF is going on, Poch, Toni Jimenez and Jesus Perez all screaming in each other faces at the end...

Always enjoy Toby’s celebrations. Gets in amongst it and gives it the big one, no ego, just celebration, aggression, desire all wrapped into one. Fucking have it Toby

12427482-0-image-a-35_1555582662886.jpg

Just reading the match reports on the game last night. Still can't quite believe what we witnessed.

I will never, ever, forget that match.

I think we'll take a spanking on Saturday now, but I couldn't give a shit.

Wasn't a dream then :sonlol:, best night ever !!! Can't believe some fans around me walked out when city thought they got a 5th.

Where do i even start with this pile of absolute crazy, Well i might as well start with some honesty.
Sitting, sorry “standing” there at 4-2 down, the only thoughts going through my head were “how does a team holding a 1-0 victory from the first leg, score 2 priceless away goals after 10 mins of the second leg still manage to get knocked out of Europe?” Well we are Spurs, and this shit happens to us, are the only logical answers I could come up with. We weren’t playing that great and fuck me City were, well at least they were attacking well, and this situation can only get worse from here.....
But what happened after Aguero put City in control was about the most amazing thing I have witnessed in 40 odd years following this club, we just stopped being Spurs, we literally just STOPPED being the team that rolled over in these big games and got its belly tickled like a young puppy, the team that’s broken my heart too many times now to keep count just like that decided fuck this, no no no, we ain’t doing this again.
Vertonghen started barking at people (how he’s not Captain is beyond me) Alli was staring at people and going come on, Jesus, Llorente even started to drop deep looking for the ball, the switch had been turned on, and what do you know? We actually started to play like a team that believed, those moments were usually reserved for Liverpool & Man Utd during my lifetime, and more recently Man City and Chelsea would deliver the occasional rabbit from the hat.....
I won’t get into VAR, and the rest, as the rules are the rules and we won the tie fair and square, we are in the Semis plain and simple end of story!!
I said many pages ago if we were to get past City this would be a great result not only for us but for football in general, as a reminder to the money frauds out there....
Well that aside, this might be the game that truly changes the direction this club is going in, this might be the game our Spursy tag has been well and truly put in a wooden box and buried six under the topsoil.......COYS!!

So many side moments to enjoy last night. Trippier’s shhhh to the City fans, Wanyama just chuckling when the Silva goal goes in just WTF is going on, Poch, Toni Jimenez and Jesus Perez all screaming in each other faces at the end...

Poch and the coaches going fucking mental at the end for me. That's us. That's the fans sitting on the stands, tense as fuck and then erupting... hugging random people and just losing all inhibitions. Pure, undiluted passion.

This is excellent...

'I wouldn't use the words unfortunate and sad, id use the words bent bastards and cheating uefa cunts'

'Man City top £2,000,000,000 in player acquisitions'

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Same.

Most excruciating sporting experience of my life. When Sterling scored I just walked away from the TV into the hall. My wife then piped up about VAR. I peered back round the door, refusing to believe it. Destroyed me.

Then some dickhead started chopping onions.
Exactly what happened with me-had to walk away and the mrs shouted VAR VAR!!!!! haha amazing

I’m still hungover, I work at a well known media outlet who are very snidey and derogatory when it comes to Spurs.

I’m still in my Tottenham trackies and jumper. I probably reek of alcohol no congrats have been offered. This has to be one of the greatest days at work ever, I’m knackered but I’m showing my annoying smug grin in every department. This hasn’t sunk in properly yet

Anyone know why we were forced to play in that shocking kit last night?
Would have thought a relatively light green wouldn't have been the best option. I actually love that kit, easily my favourite of the three, but it was a poor choice given city wear light blue. In all fairness though, none of our kits were completely ideal for this fixture. It'll be interesting to see what we wear on the weekend

God, they barely celebrate given the potential significance of that goal.

The noise all makes sense now given the accused p.a. boosting.

Walking round in the sun wearing my replica 84 shirt today.... Keep find myself looking down thinking "what a beautiful colour".

Fucking YIDS!

Back
Top Bottom