Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An interesting couple of points in the football365 mailbox...
Hand off
On the issue of the Llorente handball last night, you said in 16 Conclusions: ā€˜It was a goal that will surely not count when proposed rule changes are brought into actionā€™. I disagree. Letā€™s look at that proposed rule change from the International FA Board:

ā€˜For example, a goal scored directly from the hand/arm (even if accidental) and a player scoring or creating a goal-scoring opportunity after having gained possession/control of the ball from their hand/arm (even if accidental) will no longer be allowed.ā€™

Llorente neither:
1. Scored directly from the hand/arm. It hit his hip and then possibly a City defenderā€™s hand before going in.

2. Created a goal scoring opportunity after having gained possession/control of the ball from his hand/arm. Surely this provision cannot apply to him. He certainly didnā€™t control the ball with his arm. Can he have ever been in possession of the ball? It glanced off him, so no.

Apart from all of that, his arm was glued to his side at all times. There was no, even accidental, advantage gained, as if his arm hadnā€™t been there, the ball wouldā€™ve just hit his side.

The proposed new rule, as I see it, is aimed at those who accidentally gain an advantage by handling the ball, which advantage leads directly to a goal.

The proposed new rule still allows for accidental handball to go unpunished in some limited circumstances, and I believe last nightā€™s goal was one of those circumstances.

What think ye?
Tim Oā€™Keeffe, Roscommon, Ireland

After a sleepless night (like many I reckon) I think the magnitude of this win has finally sunk in.

Epic, epic effort to knock those buggers out over 2 legs. It really was. Even more so when you consider all the injuries we had. Sissoko going off completely destroyed our counter-attacking gameplan, yet we still kept going and nicked a goal.

I was so emotionally fucked at the final whistle I couldn't even jump around and go nuts anymore, but just eased back in my sofa with the biggest grin on my face ever. The game is indeed about glory.

D4Y13yUX4AEAy2l

He actually is from my part of town.

I played with him at QPR. he's not a bad fella all in all, just the emotion of football makes people say and think stupid things.

Most of us will be supporting him in the summer for England.
Really? I spent part of my childhood in NW10, not st Raphaelā€™s or Stonebridge, but Church End. Six degrees of separation and all that.

So much talk about the non-handball, I DON'T CARE, but why isn't anyone saying that Laporte has actually handballed this?

Fuck it. It's the daily mail desperately scrabbling for way to knock us down.

Best way to confuse a mail reader? Tell them asylum seekers are the natural predator of paedophiles

Back
Top Bottom