Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know...... Llorente provides a big target man up top to enable us an outlet if we're camped in our half which I fully expect us to be for at least the first 20 minutes.

We need to be so tight and not give any chances away - defend well and restrict them to 25 yard shots.... If they score from a worldie so be it.

Without stating the obvious, the longer it stays 0-0 the better as the game will inevitability open up.

So decisions decisions - go for an early goal or keep it tight then bring on Moura when the game opens up.

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Winks Sissoko
Eriksen Dele Son
Llorente
Agreed.... we just need the ball to 'stick to someone' as far away from Lloris as possible...
Llorente was a combination of unlucky and wasteful in front of goal in terms of providing a genuine GOAL threat... but he is a nuisance, which is what we need him to be if he plays...
Dele's hand is broken in three places...
"Well he shouldn't go to those places!"
(Tommy Cooper; circa.1972)

why bother entering if you don't think we can win the Big Cup**
I agree... I think England should give themselves every 4th Summer 'off' and decline taking part in the WORLD CUP should we qualify!

...can Spurs also waive our participation in the Premier League until the season that we're good enough to win it?

Winning is great, but not EVERYONE who enters any competition is doing so with a genuine view of winning the thing!

**Unless you were joking???

Play big Nando up front, defend like hell and bang the ball long to his big head with every clearance.

City to go 1-0 up just before the break and (I can’t believe I think this), Sissoko to score the equaliser from a Nando flick on in the last five minutes.

Wonder if pep will get sacked when he only ends up with the Carabaro cup to show for his millions spent! Watford to win the FA cup, Spurs CL and pool winning the League!

We have 2 big matches this week against City and both teams cannot play the same 11 in both. Cl comes first and we therefore play the rested players including those injured if fit. therefore 1 enforced change from last week, Moura in for Kane. Hopefully some of the other injuries will be fit for Saturday, (Dier, Lamela and Aurier) I just hope we do not lose both although if we score, we can still get through on away goals which I can see happening.

We can go through:

We are actually a real good team
We are on a roll
We should have got a point at Liverpool, no real difference between them and City
City struggle in the CL
We only "need" to score one goal
A lot of our players are hitting form after a blip
We beat Dortmund and drew with Barcelona away
Sissoko will mash them up
Son will have the game of his life
The moon isn't blue

I agree... I think England should give themselves every 4th Summer 'off' and decline taking part in the WORLD CUP should we qualify!

...can Spurs also waive our participation in the Premier League until the season that we're good enough to win it?

Winning is great, but not EVERYONE who enters any competition is doing so with a genuine view of winning the thing!

**Unless you were joking???

Surely our players can get get slight groin strains before Friendlies like City, Chavs and Liverpool players do?

Back
Top Bottom