Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it’s the old ironic advantage to us here.....Kane out seems to throw other teams into dissaray while we are the team that thrives.

Pep is probably licking his lips, we’re the Harry Kane team in his eyes. More fool him.
Also Kane out is an advantage somehow by making our players more responsible knowing that they have to do much more effort to make up for Kane.
Players have already showed that fighting spirit against Huddersfield and will show it again on Wednesday on the other hand all the stress will be on Pep and his team.

Also Kane out is an advantage somehow by making our players more responsible knowing that they have to do much more effort to make up for Kane.
Players have already showed that fighting spirit against Huddersfield and will show it again on Wednesday on the other hand all the stress will be on Pep and his team.
Totally agree.....we attack with more intensity.
Would Moura have even shot with Kane in the middle?

I think they will open the scoring from a 50 yard, volleyed, back pass OG from Son, and we will equalise in the 96th minute from a speculative shot from Sissoko, who is being carried on a stretcher by the physios because all the subs have been used, that goes in off a stray cat that runs into the pitch.

Anyone got Paddypowers phone number?

PS
I wonder how someones mind works, to actually disagree with this post. Given that it's clearly just a daft joke?

Last edited:
Totally agree.....we attack with more intensity.
Would Moura have even shot with Kane in the middle?
Their game plan was to stop Kane by any mean, when our game plan was to stop their key players Fernandinho and Silva and we succeeded in that as you could see Delph was leaving the flank to help Fernandinho build up the play.
Kane out means you have more spaces for agile players like Lucas, Son and Dele.
I'm pretty sure we can make more threats and cause damage to their defense.

Their game plan was to stop Kane by any mean, when our game plan was to stop their key players Fernandinho and Silva and we succeeded in that as you could see Delph was leaving the flank to help Fernandinho build up the play.
Kane out means you have more spaces for agile players like Lucas, Son and Dele.
I'm pretty sure we can make more threats and cause damage to their defense.

Hopefully Dele is fit for this one. This is a game he could be the difference in - he’s definitely a big game player.

Selection headache here. Does Llorente start so we have someone who can hold the ball up and get us up the pitch? Or does Son and Lucas start so we can stretch the defence and try and get in behind?

Llorente played well on the weekend but Lucas scored 3 and Son always plays well in Kane’s absence.

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Wanyama
Lucas - Eriksen - Dele
Son​

It's really unfortunate but Llorente had so many missed chances(i mean BIG chances) last 3 games he started...despite this, it's most likely that he will start.

I don't know...... Llorente provides a big target man up top to enable us an outlet if we're camped in our half which I fully expect us to be for at least the first 20 minutes.

We need to be so tight and not give any chances away - defend well and restrict them to 25 yard shots.... If they score from a worldie so be it.

Without stating the obvious, the longer it stays 0-0 the better as the game will inevitability open up.

So decisions decisions - go for an early goal or keep it tight then bring on Moura when the game opens up.

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Winks Sissoko
Eriksen Dele Son
Llorente

I would play Llorente ahead of rushing Alli back tbh. I would also play Lucas centrally and Eriksen cutting in from the left.

--------------------Lloris---------------------
Trippier----Toby-----Vertonghen-----Rose
---------------Sissoko--Winks--------------
----Son------------Lucas--------Eriksen----
------------------Llorente----------------

I would play Llorente ahead of rushing Alli back tbh. I would also play Lucas centrally and Eriksen cutting in from the left.

Wanyama for Llorente and I agree with the rest

Right, let's not rush him back from his sore hand.
:pochfacepalm:

First half got to play direct and take their press out the equation like the first leg. Trippy happy football will just encourage them and get the crowd involved. I'd play llorente, we will need an out ball and just pick up the second ball. Make it a scrap. Poch learnt from past games and went direct. Llorente will win everything against their backline. Moura and son off him. Don't think winks will make it with a groin so sissoko Ali eriksen. Trips toby verts rose

First half got to play direct and take their press out the equation like the first leg. Trippy happy football will just encourage them and get the crowd involved. I'd play llorente, we will need an out ball and just pick up the second ball. Make it a scrap. Poch learnt from past games and went direct. Llorente will win everything against their backline. Moura and son off him. Don't think winks will make it with a groin so sissoko Ali eriksen. Trips toby verts rose
I really think Poch will go with 3 CBs, I hope he doesn't but think, coupled with our injuries in midfield, he will want that extra bit of protection.

Back
Top Bottom