Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

D4YibTJX4AEf-1m.jpg:large
This is SUCH a glorious picture. Inject it into my veins.

Down in Dorset with my beloved family thanks to school holidays. Have checked and the moon is still white tonight. It’s hidden, fuzzy a bit surreal and only just visible. But it’s there. It’s ours. It’s alive. Very apt. Fuck I love this football club. Freezer is full of beer. I’m going for a drunken run along the Jurassic coast when I’m done. COYS.

Don’t think City will ever have a better path to the final. All they had to do was beat Schalke, Spurs and Ajax.

Ajax look great and can beat us but I’d still rather face them than either Barca or Liverpool over two legs. Plus if they had to redraw for the semis we all know Liverpool would get Ajax.

I have a Man City acquaintance I used to play 5 a side with a few years ago.
Not seen him for a while.

He's actually a Methodist minister.

I text him after the final whistle.
Hi Bri' . Not seen you for a while. Thought I'd just text to see how your doin' , like?

He just replied.
Fuck off

Hahaha, like when Sterling thanked god for his "winner".

GSOH that creator of the universe, eh?

:dierno::lamelashock::kanegoal:

I've said this all along, this is one of the major reasons why VAR is vital for the game. Aguero is offside. That goal changes the season of both these clubs enormously, both in footballing and financial terms, and maybe the history of the clubs, who knows.

Every season you see this bullshit in games, especially major games, games being decided by bad refereeing calls, not players.

And don't tell me that spoilt the fucking drama ? That was drama at it's most wonderful. 9/10ths of the stadium goes nuts only to be punched collectively in the nuts and our fans to go nuts. That VAR moment was as good as any goal moment we had tonight. I was absolutely pissing myself, the elation from thinking the fickle hand of football had fist fucked me once again, to the utter delirious joy of realising it had in fact reached around and tossed me off.

In a Nut shell I was kicking the,wall saying they've let me down again to unbelievable elstion

Did that's actually just happen? Jesus that's got to be one of the best night s I've had supporting the club. Incredible. I was on the floor with 60 seconds left, steaming a top the top of my lungs a little after. Absolutely delighted what a memorable night. Well done lads that's an incredible result.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! COYS!!!!!

I've said this all along, this is one of the major reasons why VAR is vital for the game. Aguero is offside. That goal changes the season of both these clubs enormously, both in footballing and financial terms, and maybe the history of the clubs, who knows.

Every season you see this bullshit in games, especially major games, games being decided by bad refereeing calls, not players.

And don't tell me that spoilt the fucking drama ? That was drama at it's most wonderful. 9/10ths of the stadium goes nuts only to be punched collectively in the nuts and our fans to go nuts. That VAR moment was as good as any goal moment we had tonight. I was absolutely pissing myself, the elation from thinking the fickle hand of football had fist fucked me once again, to the utter delirious joy of realising it had in fact reached around and tossed me off.

Unfortunately I totally disagree.

And I speak from deep experience of all the American sports. Replay will sap more joy than it produces in justice, and it will produce less justice than you think. The bad will outweigh the good. It already does.

The feeling of "oh, but will it count?" has no place in football.

Hope they do, fuck mancity.

Yup.... I'm 100% over the Liverpool thing now.... Small time bullshit. Last thing we or our league needs is City getting a stranglehold. Despite the billions spent, they're still not that dominant force yet...

Last edited:
I posted earlier that I watched the game with my nephew's pregnant partner and was hoping the baby would make an early appearance as he's due in a week or two. Apparently he was kicking like crazy, he just wanted to join in :)

Oh I see. I missed the baby on the way post, I thought you meant you had a relative on the bench!!

Good luck to all with the birth.

It’s such a weird night.. one of the best results we’ve had and yet I can’t remember hating a game of football so much.. I’m all over the place.
Agree.

My shins are fucked.
My voice is fucked.

All the boozers we’ve tried on the the back from the Etihad are City only so back at the hotel for a shed load more.

Oh what a night!

Back
Top Bottom