Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AAAAAHHHHH!

Lame American here, who could not get out of fucking work, who recorded the match and went internet-dark and finally just fucking watched it and HOLY FUCK YES!

And now I am reading through this thread—it gets great around page 96 or so—and I will tell you how the rest of this week is going.

I’m going to watch that match again. And again. And again. And maybe again too.

And I’m going to re-read this thread, and think about how the world is great, and football is great, and the Spurs are moving on, and birds are chirping and the sun is shining.

AHHHHHH

Weird day for me as I refuse to pay for a TV licence, I don't watch TV. My trouble is I can't go to the pub to watch a match either, I just can't stomach all the Yid jibes and I know I'll iron out anyone that does it so I have to avoid the pub.
So I'm forced to listen to the biased commentary on 5 live, I nearly die at the death when that cunt sterling scores only to be ruled out for offside!!
Done a bottle of red and now on the whiskey 😜 What a fucking night, didn't see it like the rest of you lads but I've enjoyed just as much Coys

AAAAAHHHHH!

Lame American here, who could not get out of fucking work, who recorded the match and went internet-dark and finally just fucking watched it and HOLY FUCK YES!

And now I am reading through this thread—it gets great around page 96 or so—and I will tell you how the rest of this week is going.

I’m going to watch that match again. And again. And again. And maybe again too.

And I’m going to re-read this thread, and think about how the world is great, and football is great, and the Spurs are moving on, and birds are chirping and the sun is shining.

AHHHHHH
Work from home day for me. Got nothing done from about 1pm (EST) till an hour ago. Enjoyed watching PSG lose, and recorded this game and made my son watch the first half and the last 30 minutes with me again.

He woke up and asked if Tottenham was playing today. Once I told him yes, he went and put on his Spurs kit to wear to school. Smart kid. His coach is a gooner, can't wait to give him shit.

I can’t believe the commentators kept insisting that the ball hit Fernando’s arn. No matter how many replays they showed I can’t see it. Clearly bounces off his hip from what I can see. Lol at whatever dick commentator kept saying “you can see the muscle move in his arm”. Fuck sake.

It did hit his arm first. Very fast and can be seen on the goal line view, but i don't see how it is a handball when his arm is tucked to his body and not being used to direct the ball in. That isn't called a handball if that was a defender hitting it.

Ok, watched the game by myself as I completely blew off work for the afternoon. Was texting my son who is away at college (Ohio State). He did the research and chose Spurs as our team 6 years ago.

While I don't have a lifetime of ups/downs like so many of you, I've grown to love this club regardless of results.

With our injuries this year - including losing the indispensible Sissoko today - it is utterly amazing what the team has accomplished.

When Fernando scored, the VAR review was torture. Then it held up!
I was pacing in my living room, loudly shouting at the tv as the clock was running out. 5 minutes of stoppage time announced, and I cursed loudly.

Then, in an instant, we were all gutted. I shouted "fuck" loud enough for the neighborhood to hear, but then realized it may just be offsides. A brief prayer which was quickly answered by VAR!

What a night!!
Now re-watching w a lot less stress!!

D4ZihCzW4AAOshf

Back
Top Bottom