Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4fc27cb95cb7732ce1a43c8f059a3250.png

They deleted it!

GrandioseImaginativeArachnid-size_restricted.gif

Priceless

Same.

Most excruciating sporting experience of my life. When Sterling scored I just walked away from the TV into the hall. My wife then piped up about VAR. I peered back round the door, refusing to believe it. Destroyed me.

Then some dickhead started chopping onions.

When Sterling scored I threw my new iPhone (blatant) across the room and it bounced off the bookcase, just missed Mrs B and I stormed out threatening to disembowel Eriksen
She shouted the magic words “it’s been disallowed “ as I contemplated opening another bottle!!

Had a houseful of football-hating in-laws here last night... Went for a piss in injury time, wife came in as I'm stood there cock in hand with the tablet balanced on the cistern, just as Sterling "scored".

The two minutes that followed were the weirdest of our marriage.
been a long time since I've had to pace around the room whilst watching Spurs... my wife came in with 5 mins to go, saw the Sterling goal and witnessed the pain on my face, her reaction was telling, she left the room in silence – clearly concerned and saddened by what she had seen.

The game was a complete roller-coaster. We weathered the storm with
When Sterling scored I threw my new iPhone (blatant) across the room and it bounced off the bookcase, just missed Mrs B and I stormed out threatening to disembowel Eriksen
She shouted the magic words “it’s been disallowed “ as I contemplated opening another bottle!!
Big shout out to all the 'Spurs widows', Partners and Family members who had to put up with and try to fathom our relentless mad ramblings, pacing, swearing, despair and elation for the best part of 2 hours last night...
and NOT leave a note on the kitchen table this morning saying: "I'm staying with my Mother for a few weeks while I work out who or what I married!"

I dunno how they do it to be honest... I wouldn't put up with me if I were married to me!!!
:kanehand::llorishuh:

Big shout out to all the 'Spurs widows', Partners and Family members who had to put up with and try to fathom our relentless mad ramblings, pacing, swearing, despair and elation for the best part of 2 hours last night...
and NOT leave a note on the kitchen table this morning saying: "I'm staying with my Mother for a few weeks while I work out who or what I married!"

I dunno how they do it to be honest... I wouldn't put up with me if I were married to me!!!
:kanehand::llorishuh:

Not just me then
lol

When Sterling 'scored' I let out a long CUNNNNNTTTTT!

I was going to hit something but decided against it, slumped in my chair thinking "I'm proud of them but fucking hell why didn't Eriksen.....wait, VAR? Eh? It can't be? Can it? Yes, yes it is! OH MY FUCKING GOD! Now don't blow this second chance boys, don't you bloody dare!"

What a night.

Any team who puts out Real Madrid AND Juve in consecutive rounds deserve to be taken deadly seriously...
Likewise, anyone who put out B.Dortmund & Mnan City would've made people sit up and take notice!!

Who in their right mind could see an Ajax/Spurs semi when the Qtr. Final draw was made??

MORING YIDDOS! How was yer night??

And likewise any team having to go to the Nou Camp to get a result, go one down and then actually do it and should have won it

We are special no doubt about it

Walking wounded for Saturday

A couple of things from that great compilation...

1) Sissoko seemed to be walking without any limp at the end there, Let's hope it's not too serious

2) Glenn not knowing his history. April 1962, cheated out of a European Cup final by bastard Benfica
I think he meant CL as opposed to inclusive of old european cup
I'd like to think thats what he meant

Same.

Most excruciating sporting experience of my life. When Sterling scored I just walked away from the TV into the hall. My wife then piped up about VAR. I peered back round the door, refusing to believe it. Destroyed me.

Then some dickhead started chopping onions.
Haha reckon a lot of us did exactly the same thing, would be amazing to see video footage of thousands of fans walking out of their respective front rooms looking depressed then running back in as their other half (who doesn't like football in my case) shouts "it's been disallowed!" What a night, imagine what it was like for the fans who got tickets...wow

Back
Top Bottom