Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, 17th April [0-1 AGG]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well said.
Everyone blaming the FB's, but everyone knows how City play, overloading wide areas, getting in behind, and Poch just set us up almost as badly to deal with this as he possible could, in a narrow 4121 diamond with a highish line and not pressing cohesively (as per your point 3) .

And, as ever, the stuff about Sissoko ( Hairy Cane Hairy Cane )is bollocks too, he was doing less than Wanyama, offering no protection at all, not offering himself as an option when we had the ball and chasing his tail when we didn't. We conceded 3 goals in 20 minutes with Sissoko on that pitch, 1 in the remaining 55 after he'd gone, with Alli in his place.

It was a crazy, brilliant result, but tactically we were all over the place, and Guardiolas didn't exactly cover himself in tactical glory over the two legs either.
It’s so good to see that the world still has chair geniuses like you, City and Spurs should ditch their shit managers and hire you.

We sang it in France,
We sang it in Spain,
We sing in the sun and we sing in the rain,
They've tried to stop us and look what it did,
Cos the thing I love most is being a Yid!
Being a Yid, Being a Yid,
The thing I love most is being a Yid!

Out National Trusting it with the fam today.

Couple of Citeh full kit wankers in the cafe.

Before I knew it, I'd run over and was jabbing my finger, clutching the badge on my spurs polo and shrieking HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! in their stupid faces.

Their parents weren't that impressed mind, but serves the glory hunting pricks right.

Last edited:
Out National Trusting it with the fam today.

Couple of Citeh full kit wankers in the cafe. Before I knew it I'd run over and was jabbing my finger, clutching the badge on my spurs polo and shrieking HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! in their stupid faces.

Their parents weren't that impressed mind, but serves the glory hunting pricks right.
laugh out loud funny
11/10

The Times Tweeted out their pre-match article almost on an hourly basis before the game, I love it when someone gets it so wrong and especially after 7 mins

Well this is the thing.....you have pundits, journos and fans alike. Everyone is the expert..

But at the end of the day, 10yr olds understand the game. People trying to make out like you need to be Steven Hawking to reeeaaalllly get it.

That’s why you have people writing 2000 word essays as to why “Sissoko is shit”.
But he isn’t.

It’s 22 men kicking a ball, and that’s why you can write an entire novel about why Laporte is the reason Man City will win, and then Laporte is the reason Man City lost.
Stop over beating the eggs, it’s just an omelette...I don’t care how many Michelin stars you have. It’s eggs and milk.

Not really the fault of Sissoko.

We made a switch in formation to 4-4-1-1 after the injury to Sissoko. We have Son and Dele now to cover the flanks but the drawback is we now lack options in counter attacking.

That is the reason why we stop becoming threatening and the goals stop. Eventually, we still cannot stop City from scoring (2 goals) and we were lucky to have scored from a set piece.

Sissoko is still crucial for us. He is our only box-box player, without whom, our counter attacks lack pace and our midfield loses the physicality
This Is true though I wouldn't put our goal down to luck. It was due to Pep changing his own tactics once they had the goals they needed to go through. On came Fernandinho because he was scared we might score (which of course we did) but part of us scoring was that they stopped pushing hard for a goal and the pressure and momentum swung our way. That was always likely to happen once they went ahead in the tie for the first time. He should have tried to kill the game instead at that point with a fifth before we got one back.

Stop over beating the eggs, it’s just an omelette...I don’t care how many Michelin stars you have. It’s eggs and milk.

Milk? In an omelette???

¡Dios santo, qué barbaridad!

Next you'll be telling me it needs bacon and leftover mixed veg

:pochfacepalm:

58.jpg

This Is true though I wouldn't put our goal down to luck. It was due to Pep changing his own tactics once they had the goals they needed to go through. On came Fernandinho because he was scared we might score (which of course we did) but part of us scoring was that they stopped pushing hard for a goal and the pressure and momentum swung our way. That was always likely to happen once they went ahead in the tie for the first time. He should have tried to kill the game instead at that point with a fifth before we got one back.

Brilliant analysis mate

Bravo 👏🏻

Back
Top Bottom