Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is no difference in City or United buying the league. I felt the same then. Man Utd are not our rival, i don't have any United fans in my family so i have no reason to dislike them yet back then i was happy to cheer for Blackburn or Leeds to beat them to titles for the same reason. I would have cheered anyone on who wasn't Woolwich or Chelsea to beat them. Unfortunately they were the only two who ever really challenged them during that time.

Wage bill. Yes, you have me there. Liverpool can be argued are going the same route and i did argue the point that Liverpool were trying to buy the title to my red brother at the start of the season. If anyone else were in the title race i'd be for them. Fuck me, it would have been magical if we could have done it.

Don't agree that they bought the title, they built a good team similar to us and brought in young players similar to us. They then strengthened in areas they were weak in and spent big. We didn't. Unfortunately that's what it takes to win a title. They've also been ridiculously lucky with injuries. Would they still be up there if vvd, Salah or mane been out? I doubt it. We've had to cope with injuries like that. But I also don't want them to win the title, they are insufferable as it was. Can live with the concept of the title needing to be bought eg for city to win it but not those Scouse cunts even though they are doing it the right way...

We conceded a goal while still sorting the game out. City fans and players then thought they should score several more. You know they wanted to. But they don't have a sufficient quality advantage to do so. That should concern them and encourage us.

What concerns me is yet again in the league in a big game we create a lot but can't score. Same kind of story against United. Top 4 has to be priority. The first leg semi in a way motivated the players already but switching their attention back to the league has been an issue. We simply want to be back in the UCL next season and we can chase that on two fronts.

Don't agree that they bought the title, they built a good team similar to us and brought in young players similar to us. They then strengthened in areas they were weak in and spent big. We didn't. Unfortunately that's what it takes to win a title. They've also been ridiculously lucky with injuries. Would they still be up there if vvd, Salah or mane been out? I doubt it. We've had to cope with injuries like that. But I also don't want them to win the title, they are insufferable as it was. Can live with the concept of the title needing to be bought eg for city to win it but not those Scouse cunts even though they are doing it the right way...
I hear you. The part i mentioned about me commenting to my bro was a jibe. Something to wind him up. And it worked!

Of course we don't know yet if their spending has worked yet but you say you don't agree that they bought the title and then go on to say "They then strengthened in areas they were weak in and spent big. We didn't. Unfortunately, that's what it takes to win a title"

Anyway, my original point in an earlier post was about City and their spending. I really wasn't including Liverpool in my thoughts but it has given me reason to think about it.

Michael Oliver is such a cunt, getting so fed up of watching him ruin games.

Until this week I never thought I'd say this, but I'm fully in on VAR being used in every game now. It will iron out the inconsistencies and ultimately over the course of a season we will be one of the teams that benefits big time.
These refs need to be checked and held accountable

I thought Big Vic was decent when he came on. Good to have that extra option in midfield.
The jury may be out in the summer, but he has impressed me recently considering how fucked his knee seemed to be.

Regardless of whether he goes, we need anyone to boost our midfield options right now, so this return couldn't have come at a better time.

(If we're lucky, Dier might also get himself fit in the next two weeks. Today was a little early.)

Don't get the who cares bit... I care as I want to be in the champions league next season, not the shifty europa. But I really fear that is our Destiny now..... let me guess unless we win the champions league!! Get realistic we are spurs and that shit does not happen anymore..

We need champions league football.....every year! The likes of utd or Chelsea aren't hurt as much financially when they aren't in it but it will affect us. More so. I cannot stomach finishing below Woolwich. Even if we are 4th and they are 3rd.
This is only partially true though. Roman seems to be losing patience and two or three seasons of Europa, transfer ban etc. might cause a cutback in the Chelsea spend. Manchester United do have higher revenues but lots of their contracts are, allegedly, structured to be significantly higher for CL relative to EL. Also the Glazers are notoriously careful with spending and the global fan base they have is notoriously fickle. A few years of hanging around in 5-6th and they will see the Far East market going to Barca/RM/City etc. Regarding the Nomads if they don't get CL then they will have been out for 3 years and will have significant revenue differences and massive drops in their influence. All whilst having a higher wage bill than us. I agree that we need CL but so too do our competitors.

Michael Oliver is such a cunt, getting so fed up of watching him ruin games.

Until this week I never thought I'd say this, but I'm fully in on VAR being used in every game now. It will iron out the inconsistencies and ultimately over the course of a season we will be one of the teams that benefits big time.
One thing that is clear to see for me, is that VAR should have been implemented this season in the PL. It is so odd to watch games of other leagues this season and in Europe as well that have VAR then have to switch your mind back to the Prem without it, players and officials have to play and referee in a different way so can't imagine how hard it would be for them.

Can you teach TFC
a. To swear in Maltese
b. To sing "being a Yid" in Maltese

?
I know a few choice curses but as they nearly all tend to be blasphemous, I don't use them. However the worst one I know is to do with one's mother and my own mum would be shocked if she ever heard me say it, so I think I'll stick with Anglo -Saxon :)

Back
Top Bottom