Manchester United @ Old Trafford (Mon 27 Aug)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like Poch has decisions to make.

For the first time for a whilet he seems to have more or less a full squad to choose from.

Lloris, Vorm, Gazanigga, Rose, Davies, Tripper, Aurier, Walker-Peters, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Dier, Dembele, Winks, Amos, Eriksen, Lamela, Dele, Moura, Sissoko, N'Kpudou, Kane, Llorente

The only injured players seem to be Wanyama, Foyth and Carter-Vickers

So do we repeat the Fulham line up :

Lloris
Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen
Trippier Dier, Eriksen, Davies
Moura Dele
Kane
Or does Poch gamble on Dembele being fit and able to take on Pogba (possibly at the expense of Moura or Sanchez) ?

Or even bring Winks in to the middle with his passing range to neutralise Pogba (again at the expense of Sanchez or Moura).

Think I'd either replicate the team v Fulham or bring in Winks for Moura, as Dembele did not look good against Pogba in the Belgium v France game, but Winks passing can bypass Pogba, and also gives us Moura as a bench option which would certainly test ManU with speed and trickery in the closing stages of the match.

Track the movement of Alexis Sanchez and watch for any counter attack sucker punches and we won't drop any points.

The rest depends on a little luck as they will play conservatively and unimaginatively making it hard for anyone to break through.

We definitely can't play the same shape that we did against Fulham. Dier was often either isolated or played round with ease.

Maybe if Eriksen and Dele are deeper and we aim to play on the counter using Lucas' pace we can play the same lineup though.

Though in all honesty, I want Dembele in there for this one.

Is Vertonghen undroppable?

Because

Lloris
Trippier Alderweireld Sanchez Davies
Dier Dembele
Lucas Eriksen Dele
Kane

seems like our best option to me. Sanchez' pace and physicality will be needed against the United attack.

We need to stop going up there and trying to be the team with the initiative. Man Utd are a team that just waits for you to make a mistake, which we've duly done three years in a row and lost 0-1.

This is a 6 pointer. We need to be compact and wait for the chance if it comes then take it. If not, 0-0 would be a good result for us and bad for them

We have a squad and coaching sfaff who are totally committed to winning a trophy this year. Those who played in the WC would have come back very motivated to succeed and now they have the taste of opposition blood in their
mouths.Next up United, lets go for a very clean kill and feast on an overated and bloated team of cunts, managed by an arrogant prick who needs to be taught a big lesson. COYS

If we don’t win this I will still take a draw all day. I think continuing an undefeated run this early in this season and having played one of the big boys already would do wonders for the morale of the team.

Though I would still prefer to beat the shit out of this bad United team.

Take advantage of their in-fighting and negativity surrounding the club.. They are not used to this type of press coverage, it’s usually all arse licking and the be all and end all..

We can cause these a lot of problems, they will be afraid of us and play a typical Mourinho game.

I’m going 1-1or even 1-2.

I’d take a point, but playing for a point there could be dangerous as we saw last year with their lucky, late Martial goal.

Just go for it, I say. Be brave like we did at Wembley.

What a statement of intent we would make if we can get a result up there. No matter what team starts the game, we seem to have the players which enables Poch to change tactics mid-game. Just need a little bit of luck too, as i's not always the best team that wins the game - I truly believe we are a better team, but that means squat if we don't win.

Back
Top Bottom