Manchester United @ Old Trafford (Mon 27 Aug)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look dammit! I'm not saying we did not deserve to win because we did. I'm just saying the scoreline flattered us.
I actually expected us to win this game. The acid test will be the Liverpool game. Then we will see how good we are.

What? After their scruffy home win against Brighton, when they were gifted a goal? They don’t look anything special. Stop believing narratives Ahab. You’re a born sucker. They’ve played nobody yet - we have.

Look dammit! I'm not saying we did not deserve to win because we did. I'm just saying the scoreline flattered us.
I actually expected us to win this game. The acid test will be the Liverpool game. Then we will see how good we are.

I disagree Sir

The score line flattered them, hugely

Another thing that happened in the match was Dele being absolutely taken out in the first half and the referee not giving anything.

And Kane's tackle, for which he got booked, was perfect.

:parker:
A defender makes that tackle and no way is it a foul, let alone a booking.

The older I get, the more I agree with my dad/uncles... hate playing manu/liverpool, even more than the London teams, purely because of the blatant bias from refs.

What? After their scruffy home win against Brighton, when they were gifted a goal? They don’t look anything special. Stop believing narratives Ahab. You’re a born sucker. They’ve played nobody yet - we have.

Exactly, the hype around Pool is undeserved. We are a test for them. They are not a test for us.

Pretty sure he was just saying it would not have been classified as denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, not that is shouldn't have been a pen.

Just to play devil's advocate though. If the ref had blown his whistle.. Should he have given a pen? Or should he have called it back to a few yards out; the first time Jones gave him an elbow to the side and tried to knock him off the ball but Lucas danced away and bounced off Matic?
If the foul continues into the box, it is an advantage until he gets in the box. Then the foul is called and it’s a pen.

If the foul continues into the box, it is an advantage until he gets in the box. Then the foul is called and it’s a pen.
By the letter of the law yes, but I don't remember him motioning to play on; and how often are calls that seem to be penalties brought back outside the box for a free kick instead of a pen? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me a good number.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a penalty and was screaming when it wasn't given, but I can easily see people making the argument that the first foul should have been called, especially when the shove bounced him into Matic and he nearly lost his footing.

By the letter of the law yes, but I don't remember him motioning to play on; and how often are calls that seem to be penalties brought back outside the box for a free kick instead of a pen? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me a good number.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was a penalty and was screaming when it wasn't given, but I can easily see people making the argument that the first foul should have been called, especially when the shove bounced him into Matic and he nearly lost his footing.
Because the referee thought neither was a foul.

The only reason calls are brought outside the box is because the player is fouled outside and falls/slides into the box.

Back
Top Bottom