Maradona; on it...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talking of bad statues...

Just seen this for the 1st time.
C8FZwdPXUAMKEyt.jpg

This statue of Ted Bates, Southampton, who devoted 50 years of his life to Southampton Football Club, as a player, coach and manager, was pulled less than a week after it was unveiled in 2007.

When you start looking...WOW! How do the sculptures get it so wrong...

Just finished listening to Golazzo which is hosted by James Horncastle this week,View in iTunes it's a must listen to if you want a Maradona fix as the entire show is dedicated to the man. This is because Asif Kapadia (Spurs fan too!!), who directed Amy and Senna (two brilliant docs), is now putting the finishing touches to his latest film El Diego. Can't fuck wait to see it.
DVhUdRZX4AER6v5.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished listening to Golazzo which is hosted by James Horncastle this week,View in iTunes it's a must listen to if you want a Maradona fix as the entire show is dedicated to the man. This is because Asif Kapadia, who directed Amy and Senna (two brilliant docs), is now putting the finishing touches to his latest film El Diego. Can't fuck wait to see it.
DVhUdRZX4AER6v5.jpg
Okay I am stoked to see this

Just finished listening to Golazzo which is hosted by James Horncastle this week,View in iTunes it's a must listen to if you want a Maradona fix as the entire show is dedicated to the man. This is because Asif Kapadia (Spurs fan too!!), who directed Amy and Senna (two brilliant docs), is now putting the finishing touches to his latest film El Diego. Can't fuck wait to see it.
DVhUdRZX4AER6v5.jpg

A bit off topic, but I really liked The Warrior. I didn't realise Kapadia's a Spurs fan!

Love it. I think Messi is probably the best footballer of all time, but Maradona was on his own level. Not as consistent, but for pure talent and drama he was something else. A genius footballer fully deserving of all the hype.

The fact that he played for us (albeit in a testimonial), wears the shirt, and visits the club fills me with so much pride. In football terms he’s the legend of all legends, and despite all of the anti-English sentiment in Argentina, we’re probably the one club in England that he feels a genuine affinity towards.

Back
Top Bottom