Maradona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DVTA-HNXcAAEA0L

Messi is a million times better than Maradona, the statistics speak by themselves. There is no possible doubt. Many speak out of the heart. I have seen the career of both fully since Diego came to Barcelona, he was extraordinary but in terms of goals and assists, he is even under Cristiano, Gerd Müller, Ronaldo, Pelé or Di Stefano.

He was in the league of the extraordinary skilled players, not in the league of the most decisive ones. The league of Platini, Zidane, Baggio, Del Piero, Figo, Gazza, Zico, Rivelino, Garrincha, Laudrup, etc.

Messi is the best ever in both leagues, skilled, marvelous to see, and decisive, scoring 50 goals per season only in the Spanish league, plus many more in the Cup of Europe or the King's Cup, that is extra terrestrial figures. And I'm not exactl his fan, he has beaten us and humiliated us for 15 years.

Maradona fanatics are not realistic.
I have never heard so much shit in my life , has messi led Argentina to a World Cup victory? Messi is only half as good as he is as he is protected by refs , he goes down at the slightest of Touches , Maradonna is playing football against defenders playing rugby, I suggest you go and educate yourself on what football was like in the 80s!

Just seen a message come through from a mate your side of the wall:

"no wonder you Scots cunts all loved Maradona. With his curly hair, obesity issue, lack of English language and coke problem, he reminds you of your mum".

Messi is a million times better than Maradona, the statistics speak by themselves. There is no possible doubt. Many speak out of the heart. I have seen the career of both fully since Diego came to Barcelona, he was extraordinary but in terms of goals and assists, he is even under Cristiano, Gerd Müller, Ronaldo, Pelé or Di Stefano.

He was in the league of the extraordinary skilled players, not in the league of the most decisive ones. The league of Platini, Zidane, Baggio, Del Piero, Figo, Gazza, Zico, Rivelino, Garrincha, Laudrup, etc.

Messi is the best ever in both leagues, skilled, marvelous to see, and decisive, scoring 50 goals per season only in the Spanish league, plus many more in the Cup of Europe or the King's Cup, that is extra terrestrial figures. And I'm not exactl his fan, he has beaten us and humiliated us for 15 years.

Fuck off.

Fitness levels in the 80s would mean 90% of footballers then would barely make half time in this age.
Very true. Hell, vialli chain smoked off the pitch.

But players from the 80s with modern diet, nutrition and training methods would. And they would then be playing in a game where defenders couldn't kick them 8 foot in the air just to let them know they're there.
Of course, that treatment made some of them the players they were, but I suspect the true greats of an era in the past would easily adapt to the modern game

What a life he had, what pressure on his shoulders since he was 15/16 years old

Legend, hero, icon, genius, totally unique

Extraordinary footballer and an extraordinary life. Thank you for everything Diego

Messi is a magnificent player and I consider myself privileged to have seen him play in the flesh.(as I did with Maradona)
But football isn't just about stats. Despite what people may thing, its not just about xG and all that horseshit. Its about the passion it evokes.

Plus, Messi, Ronaldo and a few others have played in an era of balls that dip and swerve all over the place. Keepers that seem to have forgotten they are allowed to catch the ball. And where the balance of the game has swung massively in favour of forwards...and, btw, this wasn't a red card in Maradona's day....

Back
Top Bottom