Maradona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Da90YpIX4AAiGC5

One of my favourite footballing pictures - the love he had fot football and win for his country.

RIP
State of that pitch though!

Best of all time, no doubt. Defenders used to kick the crap out of him all match long, always kept going, unstoppable. Raised the standard of world football with him.

Terry Butcher was a tad bitter as well.
I don't blame him....
I'm just surprised that Terry Fenwick still hasn't claimed Maradona's second goal; aka: "The Greatest Goal of all Time" as his o.g.... which I'm still convinced it was!

Yes, Maradona was an amazing player, probably one of the best of his generation.... but sadly, his later career, and life was blighted with controversy..... I'm sure as and when Gazza finally succumbs, they'll say the same about him.

Lineker's comments were a little snidey, and clearly came from someone who didn't like him much... but surely, being from the same profession, you have to rise above all that? Gary doesn't come across as particularly gracious!

As it is, Maradona, along with Pele and Eusebio, was one of the greatest players to have graced the game.... love him or not, you have to take your hat off at his sheer, natural footballing ability.

What a life he had, what pressure on his shoulders since he was 15/16 years old

Legend, hero, icon, genius, totally unique

Extraordinary footballer and an extraordinary life. Thank you for everything Diego

Nothing political. If anything, I'm saying now is a good time to rise above the politics of imperial violence and atone.
Would be a nice touch, as I said.
I know what you and I said that this isn’t the thread to bring that crap up

Start another thread about British Imperialism whatever
I don’t give a fuck but this thread is dedicated to the greatest footballer of all time

Not political bickering
Stupid cunt!

Back
Top Bottom