Maradona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Uh how many crying babies in this thread protesting because I criticize the communist junkie and alcoholic abuser of women and mediocre player.

Grow up you argentinian poor fellows.

Obviously you are trolling but the point is valid in my opinion, the super talented of yesteryear often do get away with being at times absolutely awful human beings, look at Paul Gascoigne for example, Would Joey Barton ever get the same level of forgiveness?

Did they.........
7441-CEF6-FBF3-40-DC-A680-8-FCB21-FF9-ECD.gif
Ok, not dubious, corrupt.

Obviously you are trolling but the point is valid in my opinion, the super talented of yesteryear often do get away with being at times absolutely awful human beings, look at Paul Gascoigne for example, Would Joey Barton ever get the same level of forgiveness?
Not saying Gazza has not done some bad / terrible things, clearly he has. Also not saying the generous things he has done cancel out the bad. However there are things in the credit column, maybe Barton has done as many acts of generosity and I have not heard of them. But until I hear of them I would not compare the two, in my opinion Barton has zero redeeming characteristics

Not saying Gazza has not done some bad / terrible things, clearly he has. Also not saying the generous things he has done cancel out the bad. However there are things in the credit column, maybe Barton has done as many acts of generosity and I have not heard of them. But until I hear of them I would not compare the two, in my opinion Barton has zero redeeming characteristics
I think Joey done quite a lot for the mother of the boy his brother murdered, fact remains Gazza is a celebrated abuser of women.

My friends been working on a Maradona book fir quite a while now.
Obviously this has added a whole new slant on the book so think publishing has been pushed back to to the summer but looking forward to reading it.

He had no way of knowing all this would happen - but sure people will see it that way as him cashing in!!

Life is funny like that. Our club organised a night with Pochs coaching staff at the beginning of the season. - the night we organised it for ........,, ended up being exactly the night after the Man City game at the Etihad....... less than 24hrs we got a full debriefing!

I was watching a programme on records that got to no. 2 in the charts, when Pat Sharpe played 'Live is Life' by Opus, and he mentioned that there was a film of Maradona warming up to that tune, and his exercises were in time to the music. I scoured YouTube, and lo and behold, there it was . Astonishing how much mastery he had over the ball - and his laces were undone!
This clip reminded me of getting in early at games in the 80s (primarily to get to the front of The Shelf, as I'm such a shorty), when watching Hod warm up was worth the entrance money alone.

I was watching a programme on records that got to no. 2 in the charts, when Pat Sharpe played 'Live is Life' by Opus, and he mentioned that there was a film of Maradona warming up to that tune, and his exercises were in time to the music. I scoured YouTube, and lo and behold, there it was . Astonishing how much mastery he had over the ball - and his laces were undone!
This clip reminded me of getting in early at games in the 80s (primarily to get to the front of The Shelf, as I'm such a shorty), when watching Hod warm up was worth the entrance money alone.

Used to love watching Gazza warm up, we were in the Paxton mainly, he was just on a constant wind up lol
Trying to knock the coppers helmets off that stood in the middle gap was a favourite of the Paxton lol

This it Mrs P ?

Yes, yes, that's all very impressive.....but could he do it on a wet November night in Stoke ?

Back
Top Bottom