Marcel Lavinier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Under-23s Coach Wayne Burnett named 19-year-old full-back Marcel Lavinier in our starting line-up while 20-year-old centre-back Tobi Omole appeared off the bench in the second half, both players having signed contracts with our Under-23s until the end of the season.

Surprised there's been no word yet on a contract beyond the end of this season for Lavinier, would have expected it to be signed before his EL appearance tonight.

Question perhaps is whether he's loaned out next season or is kept at Spurs to be back up RB (can also play LB/CB/RM) - and if the latter whether he gets the playing time to develop into the player we would need. Dilemma ?

I actually thought that he looked promising.

Don't forget that this was his first cameo in senior football. He's young and has room to grow.

Don’t be fooled. He is a player. Wasn’t afraid, had a couple give & go’s with Gareth.

Only thing wrong he did was misplace one pass and maybe another, not sure. He also slipped over the ball on his first touch, which shouldn’t even be used to judge him.

Love it if he climbs above Doc, who gets on my tits.

Don’t be fooled. He is a player. Wasn’t afraid, had a couple give & go’s with Gareth.

Only thing wrong he did was misplace one pass and maybe another, not sure. He also slipped over the ball on his first touch, which shouldn’t even be used to judge him.

Love it if he climbs above Doc, who gets on my tits.
Wow we agree on something

On EL bench again.

Original contract was to the end of this season per OS.

No announcement since but pretty sure Spurs will have given him another contract so he is here for at least next season, and quite likely a 3 to 5 year contract.

No way will he have been given an EL appearance (first ever first team appearance in his career) and a 2nd appearance on bench without a contract for next year being in place

Back
Top Bottom