Marcel Sabitzer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We either need to buy a CM or an AM/Winger who is creative, especially if we sell Ndombele. At the moment we haven’t replaced Eriksen’s vision around the box and even if Lo Celso gets better in this respect we need someone else to unlock a packed defence when we’re not playing on the counter.

"if we sell Ndombele"... which we aren't :D
And Ndombele is most likely this player to provide vision and Lo Celso one playing deeper with PEH providing steel in midfield.

If anything changes, then yea, sure. But given how we have operated and what has been happening on the market I can't see us selling Ndombele right now.

This guy has a serious engine in him. Never stops moving, defends attacks, the antithesis of Ndombele

I watched him closely last night and was shocked by his high energy levels.

If RBL ever sell him it will be for 50-60 mill

This guy has a serious engine in him. Never stops moving, defends attacks, the antithesis of Ndombele

I watched him closely last night and was shocked by his high energy levels.

If RBL ever sell him it will be for 50-60 mill

2 years left on his deal - could probably be cheaper.

However, I don't see why they'd get rid of him and why he wouldn't sign a new deal.

How is their budget with the corona ? maybe they need money or they can't give him the new contract ..
Upamecano said he want leave RB for the PL and they want 60/80M but who can pay that ?

How is their budget with the corona ? maybe they need money or they can't give him the new contract ..
Upamecano said he want leave RB for the PL and they want 60/80M but who can pay that ?
They can't afford to give him the kind of pay increase he is looking for. I am told they barely had a pot to piss in last summer.

He smell the flop as Havertz or Timo
They should wait this summer and clean the team for a big refresh.
Losc asked 60M for soumaré last year xD , some better target could be cheap this summer.

He smell the flop as Havertz or Timo
They should wait this summer and clean the team for a big refresh.
Losc asked 60M for soumaré last year xD , some better target could be cheap this summer.
even if he did flop. just watching him for 2 mins you can tell from his technique and decision making hes a massive upgrade on winks and sissoko. cant lose

Who would make way for him from a foreign spot? All of the peripheral players in our EL squad are English. Unless Sanchez gets the boot and Rodon will be able to take his place? Not sure if he is considered home grown or not. Knowing our luck probably not.

Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris, Joe Hart, Brandon Austin, Alfie Whiteman.

Defenders: Sergio Reguilon, Davinson Sanchez, Eric Dier, Serge Aurier, Japhet Tanganga, Ben Davies, Dennis Cirkin, Malachi Fagan-Walcott.

Midfielders: Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Harry Winks, Moussa Sissoko, Giovani Lo Celso, Dele Alli, Steven Bergwijn, Lucas Moura, Tanguy Ndombele, Jamie Bowden, Jack Clarke, Harvey White.

Forwards: Harry Kane, Carlos Vinicius, Gareth Bale, Son Heung-min, Dane Scarlett.

We could easily survive getting rid of Lamela, Sissoko, and Winks. I like Vinicius but I also think Bale and Son could play up top backing up Kane just fine- he could be gotten rid of too.

Better question is where we want our CM to end up? PEH needs a proper partner. Ndom is great as a CAM imo but us not the deep dembele replacement we were looking for.

Sissoko nor Winks are long term partners for PEH so they can be let go if needed. Selling sissoko is probably easiest in the summer, if Daniel has the balls to lose face and sell for a loss that is.

I'd like to think that we'd create a pivot rotation of PEH, Sabitzer, Skipp and someone else, though I fear that'd probably be Winks due to HG and club stuff.

Given how often HG limits have subtly screwed us, it's disappointing we haven't been able to get on the right side of those rules for one reason or another yet.

Good point because people have identified this as our biggest weakness but seem to want to solve the problem with an attacking midfielder
Maybe if we were able to score more than one goal a game it wouldn't be such a big problem

Right now if we concede a single goal we dont ever win a game

True, but it’s the likes of Kane and Son failing us right now, so replacing Bergwijn won’t really help
We are clearly too reliant on them both though

The likes of Bergwijn ,lucas and even Bale aren't up to it

Son and Kane have to play every game , they were always going to have a dip in form

We are clearly too reliant on them both though

The likes of Bergwijn ,lucas and even Bale aren't up to it

Son and Kane have to play every game , they were always going to have a dip in form
I believe football is a simple game.
An in form Moura is better than an out of form Son.

Drop poor performers, or sack the back up.

2 years left on his deal - could probably be cheaper.

However, I don't see why they'd get rid of him and why he wouldn't sign a new deal.
Apparently Leipzig are refusing to break their wage structure for him. He wants about 115k plus according to some parts of the media.

Back
Top Bottom