Marcel Sabitzer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure.

Leroy Sane
Michael Ballack
Nigel de Jong
Son Heung Min
Mesut Ozil

Have all for the most part been a success story in the Premier League, and I think you can include de Bruyne, he barely had Prem experience.

Regardless of what you think of Ozil now, the guy was a creative machine for Woolwich and was superb during his first years for them. I know Ozil didn't come straight from the Bundesliga, but still.

Sabitzer will be fine. Plenty of players have come from the Bundesliga have succeeded in this league. One of the greatest defenders in the leagues history came from the Bundesliga.
It's a little wooly because of his original stint with Chelsea, but I'd put De Bruyne in the list too - made a name for himself at Wolfsburg and is now the best player in the PL (in my opinion anyway).

Edit: goddamn it I just spotted that you mentioned him afterwards there. Oh well, not deleting.
:tanguythumb:

Posted in the Transfer thread. but answers your question on HG.

EL Squad :
Club Trained - 4
( Kane, Bale, Winks, Whiteman, )
Other Assoc Trained 3 (Hart, Dele, Clarke)
Overseas Trained 17 (Lloris, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon, Davies, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Lucas, Ndombele, Son, Bergwijn, Vinicius, Lamela)
Sub-Total 24 Players
List B (U 21's)
2 (Tanganga, Austin etc)

But Rodon not eligible for EL.

For PL (with different rules to categorise players) :
Other Association Trained

- 17 players above less Davies less Doherty plus Gazzaniga = 16
Home Grown
- As Club and Other Assn Trained - 7 above plus Davies, Rodon & Doherty less Clarke = 9
Sub - Total 25 Players
Under 21's

- As above plus Clarke

Wee we could buy an HG player for EL (but no room in PL squad)

If we buy an overseas trained player such as Sabitzer we need to sell or loan out an overseas trained player for the player to fit into both PL and EL. But we might just take a chance on buying him to play only in PL and sideline Gazzaniga ?
Thank you. Goddamn- what a tangled web. Club really needs to prioritize signing or developing an HG player who can be starter material for at least a few seasons, ease the HG/Foreign limits and permit us some more flexibility in our roster.

It's a little wooly because of his original stint with Chelsea, but I'd put De Bruyne in the list too - made a name for himself at Wolfsburg and is now the best player in the PL (in my opinion anyway).

Edit: goddamn it I just spotted that you mentioned him afterwards there. Oh well, not deleting.
:tanguythumb:

Itd made more sense for the guy to question an Austrian making the transition to Prem football considering how many Austrians have played in the league and you can probably name one or two that were semi decent.

But then again, you could have said the same with Egyptians and Premier League football before Mo Salah joined. How did that work out?

Just want to chip in about Sabitzer- he has very good long range shooting, awesome runs into the box, and can score with his head. He looks like a complete box-to-box CM to me. I think he'd also be a fine stand in for PEH if needed though I think we'd want Skipp to eventually be the go-to backup CDM for PEH.

I love Lamela but he is just so injured. I guess Gazza could go too if we want to promote Whiteman and Hart and free up yet another foreign roster spot.

And someone mentioned de Bruyne - come on, he had been in EPL before.
Kevin de Bruyne flopped pretty hard in the PL. That is the reason why he only played 3 games and was offloaded to Germany. "Had been in EPL before", so yeah... he definitely counts as a Bundesliga player that came to England that did not flop

Is there any actual credible links saying we will try to get him? All I have seen is tweets saying we are interested but won’t pay the money lol.

Last edited:
fzbt.gif
Where does this guy actually play anyway? I remember seeing him in midfield but a lot of twitter folks saying he plays on the wide right a lot?
No one really knows but that’s the recipe for success. Hopefully he can defend bullshit corners effectively

Where does this guy actually play anyway? I remember seeing him in midfield but a lot of twitter folks saying he plays on the wide right a lot?

He used to play on the right a lot - and is a very decent but not necessarily absolutely top class RW

For last couple of seasons seems to have played mainly as centre midfielder - fairly creative with decent (for a CM) assists and goal scored numbers, whilst also able to act as a DM.

Ideal for us in adding creativity for us as a CM (versus Sissoko) who doesn't whilst could stand in for Hojbjerg this season where we want to rest Hojbjerg.

IMO if he joins we play Ndombele, Hojbjerg and Sabiitzer as our first choice midfield, but with rotation to prevent players getting over tired we might find ourselves playing only one of Hojbjerg and Sabitzer in some matches etc.

Back
Top Bottom