Marcus Rashford

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can someone explain to me why he is so good? Ive watched him in quite a few games and never really seen anything special. Obviously anyone that pulls a shirt on for United has some level of ability to play the game.

But being heralded alongside Dembele and Mbappe? I just dont see it personally.

Fast, tricky, excellent control, excellent finisher whilst being played out of position for the most part.

...Remember some years back, BVBs 'Save Kagawa' campaign? We should forge an alliance with the FA for a 'Save Marcus' one.

Clearly one club/manager this kid ought to currently be with... Spend too long around that miserable cunt Jose at a young age, you'll probably hate the game by aged 25.

I do like him, and think he is wasted at a club like Utd.
He has real pace, to scare defenders and he has a maturity above his actual age.
He seems to have a good attitude, tenacious and willing to work.
He does have skills too, but can you imagine if Pochettino was his coach?

I think he's very hit and miss. Of course, he's still very young. What he needs is someone who can coach him to become better. Jose isn't that man.
This.

Jose's style of played is very cynical and requires a certain level of maturity and experience. And that's why he is not known to blood in or develop youth. Odds are if Rashford did not get so much playtime under Van Gahl (and if there's one thing United cannot blame him for it is ignoring their youth ranks) he would not be getting playtime now.

Currently MASSIVELY overrated.

A fantastic prospect though, he is excellent at running at the oppo, always turns defences, from that opportunities are created, so always a threat. BUT, he's final ball is wank, he never looks up, he's shoot on sight player, now Kane is shoot on sight but Kane is central, Rashford isn't so his opportunities are far lower percentage from out wide, so he creates potential opportunities only to waste them. His control is far from perfect, anyone see his last game for England, he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Can someone explain to me why he is so good? Ive watched him in quite a few games and never really seen anything special. Obviously anyone that pulls a shirt on for United has some level of ability to play the game.

But being heralded alongside Dembele and Mbappe? I just dont see it personally.
He's quick and direct, has the technical ability to take on players and finishes well - probably being wasted at Utd atm under a defensive clogger - would take him in a heart-beat

He is comparable to Welbeck for me - not in style or anything but to the hype he is given due to being a Man U player. He may become a very good player but he is not there yet, I do not see a future superstar like some others do.

I would take him for us but if I want to improve the team today (rather than in 2 years) I would rather have Zaha.

Lots of players carry out charitable works behind the scenes, and without public knowledge but Marcus Rashford has done an absolutely fantastic job here.

Of course he had the time to do what was needed (with I assume PR assistance, and nothing wrong with that) but he has gone about the whole process of a) doing the job, and b) publicising the work without being 'in your face' or being 'me, me, me' about it. The end tweet for all his Twitter followers to forward the letter to their respective MPs is a masterplan.

Not that it's a competition but there are similarities to what Jamie Oliver tried to do with the very commendable school meals campaign but Rashford has gone a level deeper with feeding kids who don't get enough food, rather than upping the quality of those those who do get food.

Rashford is high profile at the moment for both football and social reasons and has used his position really well and deserves the highest praise for what he is achieving with the project.

Lots of players carry out charitable works behind the scenes, and without public knowledge but Marcus Rashford has done an absolutely fantastic job here.

Of course he had the time to do what was needed (with I assume PR assistance, and nothing wrong with that) but he has gone about the whole process of a) doing the job, and b) publicising the work without being 'in your face' or being 'me, me, me' about it. The end tweet for all his Twitter followers to forward the letter to their respective MPs is a masterplan.

Not that it's a competition but there are similarities to what Jamie Oliver tried to do with the very commendable school meals campaign but Rashford has gone a level deeper with feeding kids who don't get enough food, rather than upping the quality of those those who do get food.

Rashford is high profile at the moment for both football and social reasons and has used his position really well and deserves the highest praise for what he is achieving with the project.
I actually nominated him for Pride Of Britain (fundraising category) today. Deserved.

It’s very similar to what impact Jamie Oliver made. In fact, he’s still pursuing similar things now along the same lines. Marcus Rashford has done amazingly well to get this out there.

I admire what Jamie Oliver has done, and is still trying to do. However, once the public lose a degree of interest, and other matters take precedence, then the cause will struggle, no matter how deserving it is. Even with the Government knocking back Marcus Rashford's project last night, for want of a much better term Rashford is still 'relevant', and has enormous public backing over this, so matter isn't yet done.

Back
Top Bottom