Marcus Rashford

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's just 100% sleezy, nasty 'journalism'. The Mail should be boycotted for agreeing to publish it.
The Mail should have been boycotted long ago.
Bit of both as well as a bit of the press just liking to build someone up only to bring them down.
Yep. Pretty sure he’d have not been mentioned had he not been so high profile with his feed the kids work. I’d imagine he isn’t the only young black man with a property portfolio and we don’t have headlines screaming about Anthony Martial buying house. Just think the black issue is a bit of a red herring here.

Did anyone watch Spitting image ? They had all the Tories at a football match shouting “we are all the pies” :angryscouser:

Any way this should have never been about politics and shouldn’t have taken a footballer embarrassing the government for them to make a change so no kid goes hungry , it’s really fucking simple , kids shouldn’t go hungry and anyone that disagrees with this is a cunt!
I agree it’s the parent’s responsibility to feed a child but as others have said not all parents are responsible but how is that the child’s fault?
I often wonder if the fact the majority of politicians have had such an easy life all going to Eton and born with a golden spoon in there trout actually realise what life can be like for some people ? Maybe before being a politician you should be forced to spend a couple of months living on the breadline so they realise what some of these families are going though as clearly they are all so detached from reality it’s affecting there ability to govern.

Whilst I agree that parents need to be responsible and not have kids unless they're sure they can afford kids, we all know that not every adult IS a responsible adult, and not every set of parents ARE responsible parents. Should the child (who did not ask to be born!) suffer and go hungry because of irresponsible parents? No, they should not. Also, parents may well have been able to afford kids at time of birth etc, but again, as we all know, circumstances can quickly change. What if jobs get lost as a result of a global health pandemic or economic recession. What if the bread winner dies early, etc etc. There's hundreds of scenarios which can result in parents struggling to provide for their kids as a result of something not of their own making.

Not one child in the UK should go hungry and I am more than happy for my taxes to contribute to their health and happiness. Absolutely the state should ensure this, and nothing you come back with against this can possibly change my mind.

That's all I have to say on this.
Cant disagree with that

What i would do is pay benefits directly onto a card so they can only be spent on certain things (for example smokes would be on the list of nopes. As would getting choked out by chubby thighed women)

Did anyone watch Spitting image ? They had all the Tories at a football match shouting “we are all the pies” :angryscouser:

Any way this should have never been about politics and shouldn’t have taken a footballer embarrassing the government for them to make a change so no kid goes hungry , it’s really fucking simple , kids shouldn’t go hungry and anyone that disagrees with this is a cunt!
I agree it’s the parent’s responsibility to feed a child but as others have said not all parents are responsible but how is that the child’s fault?
I often wonder if the fact the majority of politicians have had such an easy life all going to Eton and born with a golden spoon in there trout actually realise what life can be like for some people ? Maybe before being a politician you should be forced to spend a couple of months living on the breadline so they realise what some of these families are going though as clearly they are all so detached from reality it’s affecting there ability to govern.
Spot on I heard it described (the attitude of the politicians you described Eton ect) as being born 3 nil up and thinking you have scored a hatrick. Entitled cunts.

I mean, the good publicity surely has benefited him, there's nothing wrong with that, he shouldn't be criticised for it, even if you look at it cynically and suggest that the only reason for his actions is to benefit his image, the net result is a positive.

However, I can't get onboard with the idea that because the England squad have been involved in supporting some good causes, that they should be exempt from criticism. I'm sure Gylfi has done some charity work in his time, doesn't mean claims against him shouldn' be looked into...

I mean, the good publicity surely has benefited him, there's nothing wrong with that, he shouldn't be criticised for it, even if you look at it cynically and suggest that the only reason for his actions is to benefit his image, the net result is a positive.

However, I can't get onboard with the idea that because the England squad have been involved in supporting some good causes, that they should be exempt from criticism. I'm sure Gylfi has done some charity work in his time, doesn't mean claims against him shouldn' be looked into...
Very quiet about golden boy beckham doing charity work just to get on the queens honours list

E6yAbjQWYAUG07l

Back
Top Bottom