Marks for Levy/Enic

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marks

• A Outstanding

• B Good

• C Average

• D Below average

• E Dismal

• F Utter failure

Results are only viewable after voting.
How good or bad are the owners really.
Both sides of the argument have accused the other of being closed minded and unable to see the good/bad in them.
All the toing and frowning can go in the other threads.

Under the headings:
Good
Understandable but not agreeing with
Bad

Here's mine.

Good
Made us financially secure
New stadium which increases our revenue
Regular top 4 challengers

Understandable
Poch sacking
Appointing JM
Transfer policy (buying up and coming, rather than established)
Could have spent more in previous years.

Bad
2018 TW (I can't emphasise this enough)
1 trophy in 20 years.

So I'll give them a C
I couldn't be arsed to put in + or -, if I had I would of given them a C+

How good or bad are the owners really.
Both sides of the argument have accused the other of being closed minded and unable to see the good/bad in them.
All the toing and frowning can go in the other threads.

Under the headings:
Good
Understandable but not agreeing with
Bad

Here's mine.

Good
Made us financially secure
New stadium which increases our revenue
Regular top 4 challengers

Understandable
Poch sacking
Appointing JM
Transfer policy (buying up and coming, rather than established)
Could have spent more in previous years.

Bad
2018 TW (I can't emphasise this enough)
1 trophy in 20 years.

So I'll give them a C
I couldn't be arsed to put in + or -, if I had I would of given them a C+

You didn't vote then?

Good....

Obv. this means: I hate Poch, love Mourinho, covet a zero-net spend trophy, shagged Eriksen's missus and am directly culpable for the club's longest ever run without a trophy between 1922 & 1951.....

Too complicated to give a one sized fits all grade.

The infrastructure they have built it the best in the world.

Their team building capabilities are sketchy and that's being kind.

Their success rate is atrocious.

But if you had asked me before this furloughing business I was OK with them. I understood parting ways with Poch and I understood why Mourinho although I fear that has been their worst ever decision but we were stable with the best ground in Europe and just needed a bit of patience for free right combination to hit .

But having treated their staff so poorly , pretty much thrown the players under the bus and abused the government's good will in a time of crisis they can fuck off. I want to believe in a football club not a soulless two bit corporate firm with shiny offices.

I voted good because the club has such a strong financial position due to the infrastructure they had a big part in building. They also got us to the CL and top 4, which did not seem possible when the Sky 4 were at the top.

That said, their underinvestment and lack of foresight ruined the squad we currently have and also accelerated Pochettino’s end. Poch deserves some blame for that as well, but so do the owners. While Joe Lewis is sailing on his 250m yacht around the world, we should remember the lack of funds we used on our squad. Not signing anyone in 2018-19 was a horrendous decision that ended a great era for the club.

That's why they get Good, not anymore or less from me. I’d prefer they sell at this point than stay, mainly because I think they have little interest in making this team a title contender if it doesn’t line their pockets also along the way.

Dismal is stretching it a bit as well
Agreed, but if someone was purely and simply assessing his tenure on the basis of success on the field (which I would say is far too simplistic), I could at least see how they could take that view. "Outstanding" would suggest that you are purely and simply assesssing anything apart from that, which makes no sense if you're a fan of the team

Good or average should be 99% of the votes. I’d maybe accept a few below averages from, well, we know who from. But to give an A E or F is purely agenda driven. Or fat fingers.

Financially - Outstanding

Morally - below average

On the pitch- depends what you count as success really , in a traditional sense dismal with 2 league cups to our name but the modern fan seems to care more about top 4 and a shiny stadium than actually winning anything so on that basis you would probably say good to outstanding

Agreed, but if someone was purely and simply assessing his tenure on the basis of success on the field (which I would say is far too simplistic), I could at least see how they could take that view. "Outstanding" would suggest that you are purely and simply assesssing anything apart from that, which makes no sense if you're a fan of the team
Agree 100%

I'm guessing that it is either a troll or John Thomas John Thomas .

Can't decide which.

The latest saga with the staff is extremely terrible. We think very highly of ourselves (and we should to be honest), no racism compared to other clubs, never cheated to be where we are, not a franchise club etc, but this is actually something that makes you ashamed of supoorting the club. When it comes to football, we've gone from the days of Sugar, to one of the richest clubs in the world, and we (ENIC) did it the right way, so I'd say good - average overall.

Bit late in the day to point this out, but the poll portrays the idea that ENIC & Levy are one and the same.

Logically, one can assume that either should rightfully garner a different appraisal.

Back
Top Bottom