Marks for Levy/Enic

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Marks

• A Outstanding

• B Good

• C Average

• D Below average

• E Dismal

• F Utter failure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Completely agree. Was never used enough with us and gets called shit or a joke. I felt sorry for him the way he got treated after the career he had
Ok tbf the main point isn't about Llorente . Personally I thought he was an Ok backup but never challenged Harry Kane for the starting spot , something we should try and do next time we buy a ST.
He was decent in the QF/SF . its more than Levy didn't back Poch so he was left with the bare bones of a squad in the UCL SF

Ok tbf the main point isn't about Llorente . Personally I thought he was an Ok backup but never challenged Harry Kane for the starting spot , something we should try and do next time we buy a ST.
He was decent in the QF/SF . its more than Levy didn't back Poch so he was left with the bare bones of a squad in the UCL SF
Never challenged kane do you think he got given a fair shot? Or do you think trying him and kane together was tried enough?
Do you not think poch had his absolute favourites that were never dropped or came off no matter how shit they played?
Levy could of back poch with 200 million worth of new players and poch would still of played his favourites no matter how bad their form was
That imo is a major flaw with him and that is why i don't blame levy for the lack of success of course he could of invested a bit more but when you have llorente as your back up striker with multiple serie a titles and being part of Spain's greatest squad you are hardly scraping the barrel

It's becoming less clear what your point is tbh.

You previously namechecked Llorente; saying it was a joke to have to play him in the CL. Now you're saying he was ok back-up.

Is this the old chestnut of complaining 'we have no depth' whilst the depth are in fact the ones playing; actually providing cover for missing 1st steamers at the time?

Last edited:
True perhaps, this is what causes a split amongst the fanbase, those who want to push on and those who want to remain safe and secure not concerned about winning anything.
True. I am ready for us to roll the dice now & see what happens. Rather than settle for safe but no glory.

True. I am ready for us to roll the dice now & see what happens. Rather than settle for safe but no glory.
Would love that but unfortunately this virus has probably ruled out a decent spend, most clubs now especially ours will reign it in can only see loan deals or freebies.
I suppose from a humourous side, if there was a net spend or best savings account trophy, then the club would be European champions.

Off to field amazing with the stadium and sponsorships.

On the field dire for the past 3 years

They have taken the club a long way but don't seem like they have it in to take the last step
No shame in that. They have taken us as far as they can. Winning stuff & taking us to the next level is just too much for them, they aren't capable of it. So time for them to say "we did our best, let someone else have a crack at it. It was too difficult for us".

Would love that but unfortunately this virus has probably ruled out a decent spend, most clubs now especially ours will reign it in can only see loan deals or freebies.
I suppose from a humourous side, if there was a net spend or best savings account trophy, then the club would be European champions.
Somebody mentioned on the other thread that our main problem could be moving players on.
A very good point I thought

Thoughts?

Somebody mentioned on the other thread that our main problem could be moving players on.

Thoughts?
Good point, that again will probably come down to finance's, we are going to have to be realistic and not expect over the top prices to shift out deadwood.
Otherwise this will impact on any incomings, whether freebies or purchased if the squad place isn't there they can't come in.

Good point, that again will probably come down to finance's, we are going to have to be realistic and not expect over the top prices to shift out deadwood.
Otherwise this will impact on any incomings, whether freebies or purchased if the squad place isn't there they can't come in.
I had a little laugh reading that because all I could picture was.
:levylol: £££££££££££££££££££££££££

He does like to get as much as he can.

I think Poch and Levy both made the constant mistake of looking for backup to Kane.
They should have been looking for players to rival him.

Great managers always look to improve the squad and rarely care for sentiment.

I think Poch and Levy both made the constant mistake of looking for backup to Kane.
They should have been looking for players to rival him.

Great managers always look to improve the squad and rarely care for sentiment.
TBF, I think that's what Jose was saying in, or just after, the transfer window.

We don’t want a striker to just help us now. We want a striker to be good for our future, possibly to play with Harry Kane together in the future. And with the difficulties of the market, it was very, very difficult to find [one].”

Thoughts?
Going to have to try and include deadwood in sort of swap deals
I think of players I would want from any clubs where we might be able to sell the likes of CCV , KWP etc..
The only one I can't see is Rose because I don't want any newcastle players but they should just be able to buy him outright..

Levy is going to HAVE to suck it up and let unwanted players go for whatever just to get rid of them.
Part of the problem has been no space in the squad for new players and the reason was he wanted excessive money for players who just weren't worth it and went nowhere.
Sometimes you just need to cut your losses before they get worse.

Levy is going to HAVE to suck it up and let unwanted players go for whatever just to get rid of them.
Part of the problem has been no space in the squad for new players and the reason was he wanted excessive money for players who just weren't worth it and went nowhere.
True but history shows that levy loathes to lose money on a deal, he would rather wait for the right price even if it means that that the incoming target gets sacrificed, but yes we do need to cut our losses.

That’s fine, if we collectively understand that this will mean less money for incoming deals. What can’t happen is we give players away for next to nothing, then complain when we don’t break our transfer record.

That’s fine, if we collectively understand that this will mean less money for incoming deals. What can’t happen is we give players away for next to nothing, then complain when we don’t break our transfer record.
We will find out whether there is money to spend or not. If we let our deadwood go for deadwood money and still don't spend, then no one can ever use squad space as the excuse.
Whether there is or isn't money though, if we still have a load of deadwood we don't want to play in the squad, we won't be getting anyone new.

We will find out whether there is money to spend or not. If we let our deadwood go for deadwood money and still don't spend, then no one can ever use squad space as the excuse.
Whether there is or isn't money though, if we still have a load of deadwood we don't want to play in the squad, we won't be getting anyone new.
A club run as prudent as ours will have money, the situation however will negate that so we won't spend much.

Back
Top Bottom