Martin Jol on Spurs (his favourite club) and Ajax and our ex Ajax Players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He could've been bitter after the way he was sacked, but he is always positive about Spurs, says a lot about his character, should've chinned Wenger though.

He won't go down as the greatest manager, but for me he is certainly one of the most likeable.

Not the best but I'd argue one of our most important in recent history

Jol on Eriksen...
David Silva is an unbelievable player, but Manchester City are still Manchester City when he is out. Tottenham are different when Christian isn’t playing, which is why I believe he is the best midfielder of his type in England.
This so true - beyond belief

Shows how little some fans truly understand about the game saying we're better off without him

Jol & Arnesen would have done wonderful things together.

Jol and Comoli / Levy was never without friction and that’s ultimately where it went wrong. A shame really. BMJ was not backed well when Arnesen left ( cunt )

ss.png

:pochhail:

Just read that Martin Jol was Manager at Hamburg when Son was there.

That makes it 5 players that Jol helped develop before they came to Spurs - Vertonghen, Aldereireld, Eriksen ( all at Ajax), Dembele ( Fulham) and Son (Hamburg).

that's half the starting X1 !

A phenomenal effect on Spurs both as manager - and than developing players who would later join Spurs.

Is it bad that Miami Vice just popped into my head?
9d7d6c5b-43fe-40d7-925f-08ba4aa2d601_1.22443c7a558af0c6a6286ee7a5be968c.jpeg

Actually, the more I think about it... it was the early '80s... of COURSE that's what they were trying to replicate!
They once had Regis, Chamberlain and Batson posing with the 3 Degrees for a photo shoot FFS!
Big Martin is awesome, probably would've been my favourite manager if he had chinned Wenger..

Clive Allen almost did!!

Last edited:
I have an image in my head of Jol applauding our fans as the team won away in some naff league cup game a few days after he became manager. There was something that night that finally felt different that there was a coach that understood the club and he was going to not take the shit anymore. He did well in the days that followed. Horrible record in big games mind and in the end it was a sad parting, but I have a lot of respect for him - Newcastle job interview aside of course.

Back
Top Bottom