Martin Jol's Blue and White Army

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might have even been Arnesen's! This was my point though, you can argue that it was the DOF the Manager or the Chairman who signed a player to suit any argument.

Sugar signed Klinsmann, Levy signed VdV... but yeah, I still think Jol would do better with a direct relationship between the monies and the players, especially after winning a cup with Ajax, his experience in Hamburg, and some of his big wins at Fulham recently. He would be mad to leave Fulham though.

I'd welcome Rogers as well, however he has only ever won the play-offs before and in that respect Jol is more qualified. I'm not saying we should sign Jol either, it's just not as black and white as some suggest. We signed Ramos to win things and did but that still went tits up. When we signed Harry people just wanted to avoid relegation.

But yeah, still got big love for Martin. Nevertheless, I doubt Levy has and it's never as good the second time around.

Would Jol and Levy even want to work with one another again?

I have a tremendous amount of time and respect for Jol (even when he was fluttering his eyelashes at Newcastle and flashing his ankles) but I don't see that being a relationship that would work.

I'm sure Jol would love a second chance with us though, I'm sure he feels he has unfinished business

Not for me and I don't even really like 'Arry. Never go back.

One things for sure as we're on the eve of playing Chelsea away, Redknapp wouldn't of fucked up that 3-3 fa cup quarter final.

stainesspurs said:
Not for me and I don't even really like 'Arry. Never go back.

One things for sure as we're on the eve of playing Chelsea away, Redknapp wouldn't of fucked up that 3-3 fa cup quarter final.

He managed to fuck up a 2 - 0 lead at the Emirates........

Back to the question, I think that all arguments about the quality of Jol's squad aside - I just don't buy that he had no say over players brought in - that I'm not convinced he would have extracted as much from the current squad as H has.

Though I love Martin Jol (etc) mostly for squaring up to the paedo at the Library, it's a no I'm afraid.

As much as I like Jol and find Harry a bit too much of a car salesman, we'd be reinforcing the mentality that we're a 5th place team at best. So a no for me, unfortunately.

ppreflex.gif

I love Jol, would take him back any time.

Hate Redknapp. I'm grateful for getting us CL and whatever but he's not gonna take us any further and he makes me want to cut my ears off and pour acid in my eyes whenever I see/hear an interview by him.

BMJ wore Spurs hats and beat up the paedophile, it's a no contest.

It was an infinitely more enjoyable time being a Spurs fan under Jol than it is under Redknapp. Redknapp is probably the better manager, and did wonders with Pompey (they were finishing 6th or there abouts if I remember rightly) but I was completely and utterly in love with everything about Spurs at the time, and Jol added a great deal to that.

Can you imagine Spurs fan chanting Redknapp's name on the eve of his sacking in the same way we did for Jol?

It's been said, but our first eleven now is probably better in every way bar Berbatov and we find ourselves 4th where Jol finished 5th.

Raises an interesting point..

Is having a weaker starting XI but finishing 5th better than having a stronger starting XI and finishing 4th?

Does the squad strength reflect on the manager's transfers? ie. Jol is awful with transfers but good with tactics whereas Redknapp Levy is good with transfers but poor with tactics.

Back
Top Bottom