Mason’s Rats - The Finale - Sunday 23 May @ Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I said before the match the FA/PL wanted to stitch Tottenham up. They appointed the most controversial referee Anthony Taylor, the guy that gave Arse-nil two FA Cup trophies single-handedly, and they also had Peter Bankes on VAR, who had previously let Giovanni Lo Celso get his head stamped on.

Between the two of them they "tag-teamed" to give Leicester two penalties. The first Taylor didn't give right away, the second was absolutely not a penalty but he gave it straight away. VAR advised him to look at the first one again and he changed his mind, VAR didn't advise him to look at the second one again.

So VAR was against Tottenham and Taylor got both decisions wrong so he should be demoted and have his eyes tested. This is supposed to the number one ref, but all I ever see from Taylor is crappy stupid, brainless decisions but they tend to favour the enemies of Spurs.

On another day that would have beaten Tottenham and many of you lot would be on here moaning but never sticking up for your team when they are being cheated. But Spurs battled and fought back and it was probably their best performance under Mason and one of the best of the season!

If the fans want the players to step up and fight for their club, then so should the fans.

As I said before the match the FA/PL wanted to stitch Tottenham up. They appointed the most controversial referee Anthony Taylor, the guy that gave Arse-nil two FA Cup trophies single-handedly, and they also had Peter Bankes on VAR, who had previously let Giovanni Lo Celso get his head stamped on.

Between the two of them they "tag-teamed" to give Leicester two penalties. The first Taylor didn't give right away, the second was absolutely not a penalty but he gave it straight away. VAR advised him to look at the first one again and he changed his mind, VAR didn't advise him to look at the second one again.

So VAR was against Tottenham and Taylor got both decisions wrong so he should be demoted and have his eyes tested. This is supposed to the number one ref, but all I ever see from Taylor is crappy stupid, brainless decisions but they tend to favour the enemies of Spurs.

On another day that would have beaten Tottenham and many of you lot would be on here moaning but never sticking up for your team when they are being cheated. But Spurs battled and fought back and it was probably their best performance under Mason and one of the best of the season!

If the fans want the players to step up and fight for their club, then so should the fans.

VAR has been a disaster for football in general, not just us.

Let's not forget that VAR screwed up in favor of Leicester and in favor for us of in that game. I don't think that this is a Spurs specific issue, it's a threat to football in general the way it is being managed.

VAR has been a disaster for football in general, not just us.

Let's not forget that VAR screwed up in favor of Leicester and in favor for us of in that game. I don't think that this is a Spurs specific issue, it's a threat to football in general the way it is being managed.
Yup! VAR takes ALL joy out of the goals!

It is terrible, not just the dreadful cock-up filled application but you simply can't celebrate a goal in the moment anymore, it's awful.

Completely killed live matches for me, going to meet up with everyone is still a draw but having to wait two minutes before celebrating is shit.

Yup! VAR takes ALL joy out of the goals!

It is terrible, not just the dreadful cock-up filled application but you simply can't celebrate a goal in the moment anymore, it's awful.
And to the people in charge, this sounds to them like a naive, quaint, backwards concern by silly little people who can and must be dragged into modernity.

But of course, they are clueless and wrong and are unaware that they've upturned the bedrock appeal of the game itself.

Back
Top Bottom