Mason’s Rats - The Finale - Sunday 23 May @ Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think they had a good enough angle of Harry's handball to definitively say it touched his hand.
Maybe they were just trying to even out the bad decisions after the vardy dive, which was very obvious
Or maybe they realised with all the other results as they were if the Spurs won it meant the top 4 was exactly how they wanted it! : ostrich:

I don't think they had a good enough angle of Harry's handball to definitively say it touched his hand.
Maybe they were just trying to even out the bad decisions after the vardy dive, which was very obvious
They said on MOTD something about the time between the handball and the actual goal was sufficient not to affect it
Crap!
If it was handball it’s a free kick so they thought it wasn’t imv

Just the usual anti-Spurs agenda from Sky.

At the time, I blamed Sanchez (and he still got caught out) but Vardy knew exactly what he was doing there.
Thankfully I don't watch football on sky. Although I usually get le saux, Dixon or gale who always remain "neutral". 🙄
It's a real shame that punditry is now at the level where instead of getting proper tactical insights and discussion, you now get something akin to what 2 or 3 idiots would say after a few pints in the pub.

They said on MOTD something about the time between the handball and the actual goal was sufficient not to affect it
Crap!
If it was handball it’s a free kick so they thought it wasn’t imv
Not necessarily true mate. If it's accidental it's not a free kick. However if it's accidental and leads DIRECTLY to a goal then it will be disallowed and given as a free kick. Because Harry checked his run and didn't shoot, but rather laid it back for Gareth they decided it was not an accidental hand ball that lead directly to a goal, so it stood. I was still amazed they didn't chalk it off though.

They acknowledged that it touched his hand but the reason the goal stood was that they judged the goal was not scored "immediately" after the handball. Which is arguable but not really worth complaining about.

Thought the game was good yesterday. The most pleasing aspect about it was we actually ruined another teams chances of something i.e Leicester not qualifying for Champions League. Admittedly we did help Chelsea but normally we're always the easy pushovers. Bet Leicester fans (like the majority of us) probably thought they were gonna roll us over.

Not necessarily true mate. If it's accidental it's not a free kick. However if it's accidental and leads DIRECTLY to a goal then it will be disallowed and given as a free kick. Because Harry checked his run and didn't shoot, but rather laid it back for Gareth they decided it was not an accidental hand ball that lead directly to a goal, so it stood. I was still amazed they didn't chalk it off though.
Can’t keep up with this shit!

Although it has been a Shitty end yo the season, yesterday's result somehow brought back some feelings. Finishing above Woolwich, denying Leicester.
Helping the chavs was a bummer but coming back from 2-1 down to win 4-2 was more like the Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom