Mason's Mates vs Wolves - Sunday 16 May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had nothing to do with this result
Don't know, I'm not going to lie - I didn't watch. Just reloaded the thread and yours was the first post I saw and I was taking the piss with the benefit of hindsight considering the result.

I've pretty much checked out for the season. I'll watch the Leicester match if there's something on the line...otherwise I'm exhausted and its just not bringing me joy these days. Ready for a new manager, new squad, and August.

The second goal was a perfect illustration of what a mixture of determination and effort can do. Sergio never gave up on that ball, chased it down, put in a tackle and then crossed it to Son. I wonder how many others in the team would have put their heads down and ran after that ball, Winks, Dier, Dele ?? I think not.
That has been our weakness all season, a lack of endeavour and commitment to the cause. Hence us throwing away valuable points in the latter stages of matches as the players allowed their concentration and effort to wane.
I'm just relieved Mason hopefully only has two more games in charge (fingers clenched crossed) and then he can disappear from the dugout limelight and into the backstage obscurity where he belongs.

We really do have a chance of six more points, let's not just piss it up the wall with lacklustre performances and poor team selection.

People will say Wolves where there to be beaten.

All i will say is - its amazing how well a bunch of technically proficient and expressive players can play when they're given even a short period of direction and don't have a fear of risk drilled into them on a daily basis.

Well I disagree and so does Ali Gold and indeed many of the write ups of the game.

“A bright performance from the midfielder and he was involved in almost everything Spurs did. He put Kane away early in the second half for a shot that was pushed on to the left-hand post by the keeper only for Alli to hit the follow-up against the other post. Was involved in the build-up for Hojbjerg's goal. This was another promising display in front of the watching Gareth Southgate. 8”

Entitled to your wrong opinion though!

:allitongue:
I couldn't give a flying fuck about Alli Gold's opinion. He's a bland cuck.

I think Pep would not want Dele anywhere near his daughter.
Yeah, she's not the usual type of skank you see Dele photo'd with...

On the plus side, this seems to be having a positive effect on Dele. It'll put a spring in his step and is maybe helping to get his shit back together. He's not a young lad anymore.

Fingers crossed Pepe doesn't force her to dump him before a major cup final!

I am still not happy that Rodon didn’t play when he needs valuable minutes, especially when when it’s Dier played ahead of him. I thought the performance was decent, most of the players played well. I thought Dele, Kane, Lo Celso and Hojbjerg were probably our best players and Reguilon did very well for the second goal. I’m not going to get too excited as Wolves were toothless going forward but it always feels nice to win. Above the Spammers now which will boil their piss.

it sounds nice for people that hate Levy but I don't get why Levy would want Winks coming on as a sub late or Sissoko with 10 minutes late. That doesn't raise their value at all.

And if he is shopping guys why is Toby playing and not Sanchez?

Why is Bale playing? There is no resale value for Bale to play. Surely if Levy is picking guys to shop them then Moura would be playing or Lamela with links to Roma/Italy.
Every time he plays Sanchez, his price falls

This levy picking the team through Ryan to flog them has really picked up some momentum .... it doesn’t stand up too well when these are the same fucking players that have played all season

also didn’t Daniel refuse dele a loan to PSG’s shop window
Agreed. That's why the past 20 years has seen nothing. Levy plays God. He want to control the team in every way. Jose wanted to sell a few players but he felt didn't fit into 'His' and Levy didn't want to. Now we'll battle to sell them.

Agreed. That's why the past 20 years has seen nothing. Levy plays God. He want to control the team in every way. Jose wanted to sell a few players but he felt didn't fit into 'His' and Levy didn't want to. Now we'll battle to sell them.
He shouldn’t be knocking about the training ground every day.

I would imagine Jose is delighted to be away from him

Back
Top Bottom