Massimiliano Allegri

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You seriously call winning Serie A as 'nothing of note'??

Yes. Winning a terrible league with Ibrahimovic, Pato and Robinho upfront, yet still getting knocked out by us in the Champions League with a team comprising of such starlets of Alan Hutton, Gomes, Gallas and Crouch..

But if you think that's a good manager (bearing in mind that was his first and only successful season at AC)...

we're also linked with Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, have faith brothers
6Nr4K.png

Bardi

The Fighting Cock
Yes. Winning a terrible league with Ibrahimovic, Pato and Robinho upfront, yet still getting knocked out by us in the Champions League with a team comprising of such starlets of Alan Hutton, Gomes, Gallas and Crouch..

But if you think that's a good manager (bearing in mind that was his first and only successful season at AC)...

You forgot team also contained Modric, Sandro, Lennon, VdV and a younger less donkey Dawson. Hardly the shit little team you referred to.

Not a good manager, but why belittle Spurs' achievements? Woolwich went there the year after and got fucked 4-0

Blanchflower

Supporter
Thing is Allegri probably has been told he's got the job.........so has LVG, Pochettino, Benitez, De Boer etc

the same with transfers Levy will work every 'deal' to 95% completion and then decide who is best

JDK

Supporter
Raw Ill give it to ya no trivia. Okay, some trivia

I'm not too worried about this. I think it's pretty clear our offer is out to LVG and he's stalling on the off chance United comes open. This doesn't pass the sniff test for me at all. A guy we haven't heard mentioned at all comes out of nowhere and is named manager with our number 1 choice still uncommitted. This has agent garbage leak written all over it.

1. Rafa Benitez if we want to win. Excellent EPL and European experience. Speaks English, Spanish and Italian.
2. LVG - nil EPL experience, European experience. Can get very cranky, perhaps too much for us ?

Benitez is a good coach but Im not a fan.

He basically lost it at Liverpool *fact* and seemed very unstable.
He also over saw more than 100 transfers (in and out) while he was there which is frankly ridiculous (I think the peak being trying to force Alonso out so he can bully Villa into letting Barry go...).

I really wouldnt be too happy if we got him in to be honest.

Never heard of him, is he that bad?

Surely Levy has learned from his previous mistakes? I'm assuming he got sacked for a reason?

I don't know an awful lot about him, but he got sacked in January when Milan were only 6 points above relegation.
My big issue would be it's another complete gamble, if it's true it feels like Levy is just throwing the dice and hoping, and hey if it goes wrong we can sack him, sacrifice another season and get a new manager.

Bardi

The Fighting Cock
Oh God no.

He is not the disaster he has been made out to look, but he isnt great. He had the Milan team sold out from underneath him, his old players were never replaced and the wage/transfer budget was slashed, but he was unable to stop the rot and build a semblance of a team.

Not terrible, but not for us please.

He's apparently bringing tassotti with him. Maybe it's baldinis call, he was moderately respected pre Milan. Not sure I remember Milan playing stylish football but as someone said his team was shit and full of 35yr olds.
Not sure the players will respond to this appointment but at the moment i'd take stevie wonder ahead of Sherwood

Last edited:
And Pato and Robinho have done what since? They were a busted flush then as they are now.

Not ideal but nowhere near the disaster people are making out.

Won't somebody please think of the children!!!!!

And Ibrahimovic....?

We had Crouch, Pienaar and Jenas...

Top Bottom