Match Commentary or Not

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the choice was available how would you prefer to watch a live football match on TV ?

• Live crowd noise but no annoying commentators talking over them

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Live crowd noise with commentary

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Depends on who the commentators were

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Huge point raised here I think and that's what the difference is between commentary and punditry . I wouldn't mind one person relating what is happening on the pitch as regards passing, shots, misses, goals etc. What I do hate is two gibbering idiots feeling it's their responsibility to fill every second of the game with inane comments, stupid jokes and unnecessary statistics.

I would quite like hearing the live crowd noises together with someone simply describing the action we are seeing on the pitch and saying fuck all when the ball is not in play. I'm not expecting them to hide their emotions and have a robotic voice devoid of all feeling but to just tell us what is happening rather than add unwanted opinions/comments.
Cool story, bro

Back
Top Bottom