Match fred: Chelski (a) - The Jimmy Greaves derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hazy memories of yesterday. I think we had a bit of luck in not conceding the penalty from the Gallas tackle (if that'd been someone going down for us i'd be fucking fuming we didn't get a penalty) but at the same time needed just a bit of luck ourselves with Van der Vaart, Adebayor, and Bale putting their chances away.

Could've gone either way, I don't think either team deserved to win, but I think either side could have won it.

Great performance from the players yesterday, could and probably should of won but I'm happy with the point which should hopefully give the lads confidence during our run in. Glad 'arry got it tactically right as well playing the 4-3-2-1 formation, in which we should play for most if not every away game. :coys:

Skysports need to brush up on their stats.... (Chelsea on the left, Spurs on the right)

45.5 1st Half Poss. 54.5
41.6 2nd Half Poss. 58.4

45.4 Possession 54.6

Now I make it...

43.55 Possession 56.45

Pretty irrelevant, but it is quite simple really. Probably tried to make it look a little bit more even as to not make out that we are actually better than them.

YidoBuckler said:
Skysports need to brush up on their stats.... (Chelsea on the left, Spurs on the right)

45.5 1st Half Poss. 54.5
41.6 2nd Half Poss. 58.4

45.4 Possession 54.6

Now I make it...

43.55 Possession 56.45

Pretty irrelevant, but it is quite simple really. Probably tried to make it look a little bit more even as to not make out that we are actually better than them.

46 minutes played in the first half and 49 in the second

YidoBuckler said:
Yeah but it says first half and second half, not 45 minutes each?
Exactly. Because the halves weren't even in length, you can't just split the difference between the possession in each half.

Raitei said:
YidoBuckler said:
Exactly. Because the halves weren't even in length, you can't just split the difference between the possession in each half.

Right...but we had more in the second half over a longer period then. So if anything that should make our possession more in total?

Fuck it, I'm confused. :sandro:

YidoBuckler said:
Raitei said:
YidoBuckler said:

Right...but we had more in the second half over a longer period then. So if anything that should make our possession more in total?

Fuck it, I'm confused. :sandro:

Sometimes neither side is in possession......the figures you have are the % each team had in relation to each other

Raitei said:
YidoBuckler said:

Ever hear of a weighted average? A greater proportion of a longer half does not mean that our average possession would increase by just 0.1% FFS. They have it wrong.

Let's take you back to school then. Here's YidoBuckler's stats from his post...

YidoBuckler said:
(Chelsea on the left, Spurs on the right)

45.5 1st Half Poss. 54.5
41.6 2nd Half Poss. 58.4

45.4 Possession 54.6

So, if we assume the percentages convert to "minutes possession", the figures come out like this:

20.93 1st Half Poss. 25.07 (46 minutes first half)
20.38 2nd Half Poss. 28.62 (49 minutes second half)

41.31 Possession 53.59 (minutes)
43.6 Possession 56.4 (%)

I make it Sky Sports are talking bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom