Match Thread: Everton (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If someone could make it an official thread. TNX.

After Stevenage and the injuries to Lennon and Dawson what would be the formation?

If Saha is fit would we play him upfront with Ade and hope he runs riot over his old team, or play the sharp looking Defoe.

Anyone who's going? Let us know what pubs you have heard of in the City or nearer the ground, getting there about 2pm.

YID ARMY!

[formation=4-2-1-2-1 GK=Friedel D=BAE King Kaboul Walker DM=Parker Sandro M=Modric AM=Bale VDV S=Adebayor]Bench Cudini, Kranjar,Livermore,Gallas,Neilsen,Saha,Defoe.[/formation]

Modric on the right. Probably won't happen its just what i'd do as manager.

As long as Niko is nowhere near the starting lineup i'll be happy.

Im going with 3-1 Spurs, just fancy the poor run of league losses to be overturned.

Thelonious said:
I'm not happy with the stick my Niko is getting. :bmj:

I hope he scores the winner! But I can only see him starting on the bench.

Brad
Walker King Kaboul BAE
Parker Livermore
Modric Bale
Defoe Ade

4-2-2-2. Modric and Bale can drift wide and also go through the middle. Livermore deserves a start after the Man Utd game. This will allow us to hopefully be solid through the centre and not be opened up time and time again.

Spurs to win 1-0. Take it to the bank.

Swap for van der Vaart for Modric - I'm not too keen on vdv playing wide right as he isn't disciplined enough but I don't think going 4-4-2 against Everton is advisable.

When Defoe and Adebayor have started together they have a perfect record 6 in 6 - I would choose Defoe over Saha if he opted for two up top.

No prediction from me

Niko can play in goal for all I fucking care, don't speak bad about my man. *click fingers*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRVla7CA2a8[/youtube]

Sitting in the Everton end with my mate and getting there and back on an Everton fan bus just hoping to be gracious as fuck if we win, If we don't i'm gonna go 1980's Steven Seagal in the bus on the way home :bmj: Anyone know wether or not Lennon will be fit for Saturday?

Friedel
Walker King Kaboul Benny
Parker Sandro
Modric Bale
Adebayor Defoe

It reads like 4-2-2-2 but would in reality I'd be pushing for 4-2-1-3 (Bale as the extra attacking player) when going forward, then 4-4-2 when defending, but with Modric and Bale slightly higher up the pitch - and on the wings - than Parker and Sandro. Livermore could be brought on when Sandro gets booked and has ran himself into the ground. Saha could come on for Defoe if its too physical, he isn't looking that sharp or if they both can't stay onside.

With the way Sandro and Livermore handled the Man U midfield I'd almost be tempted to start them, but that would mean leaving out Parker :saha:

eggsoakley said:
Also the 6 away games i've been to this year we have won, so we are definitely going to win this.
Exact opposite to my record over the past 4 years. Never seen a win, this will be my first! Or y'know, it could just be a 2-2 draw.

Back
Top Bottom