Match Thread: Everton (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back and fucking embarrassed.

Took 20 minutes of the second-half singing "He plays on the left, he plays on the leeeft, Gareth Bale, he plays on the left" before he actually came over and we started playing. The rest of the game he was playing 5 yards in front of Walker and out of the game.

Should've had a penalty in the last few minutes as well for a blatant handball. Officials were irritating, giving Everton free-kicks every time their strikers backed into our defenders (wrong way ref?) and i'm fucking pissed off that 8 of the players didn't even give us a round of applause for making a 450-mile round trip to watch that shit.

If it wasn't for the room of quite stunningly attractive girls at this fashion show, I would have been a lot more hurt than I am now. I'm drunk as fuck, and confused too... but I got some... so that makes it a little more ok.

Abbey Yid said:
Just got back and fucking embarrassed.

Took 20 minutes of the second-half singing "He plays on the left, he plays on the leeeft, Gareth Bale, he plays on the left"
Commentators on Fox Soccer Channel said 'listen, they are singing he plays for himself, Gareth Bale, he plays for himself' It's nice to know the truth.

Just watched the match again and to be fair the things that could of went our way just didn't, Bale on the right :harryfacepalm: highlight for me was Harry petering on the edge of full on mentalness :gazza: during the post match interview, first time iv'e seen him look as disappointed as me after a loss :harryblow:

YidoBuckler said:
How close was Friedel to clawing the goal out. Kaboul massively at fault for that looking at it again what was he thinking. :harryfacepalm:

Kabul still hasn't shaken the ability to make a mistake. Plays with fire in his belly though so at some point there's a top class centre half going to emerge

What was the stat? 40 odd shots in the last two league games and just the one goal?! That's shocking.

Defoe is beyond greedy. I know that strikers have to be at times but he has to accept that he can't just shoot every time. I lost count of how many times our players were left screaming at him once he'd smashed the ball into the stand when they were in better scoring positions.

And to make it worse he just shrugs his shoulders.

reading the thread it seems at least 80% agree which is rare on a forum...

Adepaymemore does't give a shit now. I've seen more committment from kids eating brussle sprouts.
Defoe adds nothing if he doesn't score. He actually hampers play by ridiculous shots and not knowing the offside rule.
Parker and Sandro is not working as a partnership. In fact this isn't the same Sandro as last season at all.
BALE PLAYS ON THE LEFT.

Its not even hindsight to say this either. Everyone I knew that is Spurs were perplexed at the midfield starting line up and positions last night. Harry is appeasing players. I cant remember the last time he played 2 up away from home. VDV should have started yesterday.

I'm not knee jerking here I just want Harry to sort his chops out and pick the correct team.

To be fair I thought Sandro had a reasonably good game yesterday. I'm yet to watch extended highlights but did see on their screens we'd had 19 shots off target by the 85th minute, guessing that rose to about 25 by full time.

Also none of the match reports have mentioned the blatant fucking handball at the end of the game which should have been a pen.

I dont agree about the Ade comment at all.

I do agree about the Defoe comment, unfortunately he doesn't have enough in his all round game when you aren't playing great or backs are against the wall. However he is a goal threat and Harry will always leave him on in games like yesterday because he knows he can get you a goal out of nothing.

Sandro looks off the pace a little to me which is understandable, sort of, given his lack of playing time.

Bale should switch back to LW, as I said yesterday I'm all for the development of players but when you are struggling you should go back to basics.

And Defoe should have had a pen as well tbf.
Sandro wasn't especially bad at all but playing him and Parker doesn't seem to work and he isn't the player that was winning everything last season and basically being a one man army. It could be the injury.

Dru said:
I dont agree about the Ade comment at all.

I do agree about the Defoe comment, unfortunately he doesn't have enough in his all round game when you aren't playing great or backs are against the wall. However he is a goal threat and Harry will always leave him on in games like yesterday because he knows he can get you a goal out of nothing.

Sandro looks off the pace a little to me which is understandable, sort of, given his lack of playing time.

Bale should switch back to LW, as I said yesterday I'm all for the development of players but when you are struggling you should go back to basics.

This is exactly how I feel.

Bale needs to get some chalk back on his boots (I love that expression btw).

I'm not a massive fan of Ade to be fair. Don't get me wrong, his first 10 or so games he looked very lively but every time the ball comes to him it seems to bounce off him. It's taking me back to when we had 3-metre Peter.

For example yesterday, he'd receive the ball on the halfway line, with a clear pitch ahead of him to sprint into (we know he's got a fair amount of pace) and he'd somehow stumble over the ball and lose it. So frustrating to watch, especially when you can see a clear scoring opportunity if he just fucking ran with it.

Some of Harrys post match comments:

“I said all along that 10 points can evaporate very quickly,” he added. “You look at the fixtures and you knew going away to Woolwich, Chelsea, playing Manchester United, they were tough games and you knew it could turn.''

To me, that's just him saying that he's covered his ass and deflecting the blame again.

It never seems to be his fault.

If you could predict it Harry, why couldn't you prevent it?

To be fair to H. For the first time in a.long time he looked very pissed off in the BBC interview yesterday and said what he said to the players in between then and him.

I'm really struggling to get my head around this one. I know there have been comments about being a little unlucky and perhaps we should have had a penalty but for the third league game in succession we have played 4-4-2 and looked toothless. I saw the line up and said to my brother we'll lose this because we marginalise our two most creative players and play a system that gives the oppostion the ball.

To be honest I'm livid with Redknapp on this one and the players have to take the blame too - some of the performances this past month or longer have been pathetic others have been shockingly arrogant and yet we are now in serious danger of not finishing in the top 5 let alone third.

It isn't anything to do with off-field issues, any player will tell you that doesn't enter your head when during those 90 minutes it's all about attitude and tactics, so far we are falling misearably short.

Set pieces are embarrassing, long shots are appalling and we seem to have no real desire to amend this.

We have lost our momentum and it is pointless saying we have an easier run in when you factor in Sunderland away and teams playing for their premiership survival who appear to have the bollocks for it.

Dru said:
To be fair to H. For the first time in a.long time he looked very pissed off in the BBC interview yesterday and said what he said to the players in between then and him.

I'm glad he looked pissed for once. I find myself too often wondering why he doesn't get up and try and change things the minute it becomes obvious it's not working.

4-4-2 three games in a row=three defeats in a row.

If he can't see that he needs to change it now we're in for a long end to the season.

Shattered. Jaeger bombs are incredibly cheap up north.

Foster bottles at half time was shit, maybe not scoring has saved my shins from being cut up on the wooden seats.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fyeosMwA4s[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom