Match Thread: Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the first half had been the last half I doubt some people would be feeling the same way about us riding our luck. We were just more clinical than United for once, we scored 3 goals, Dempsey's was crucial as it gave the defence more of a cushion to hold on to than in past years. It was the same when we finally beat the scum 3-2 at their place; it was just easier to realise we out-scored them then and wanted it more because all of our 3 goals came in the second half. When we only scored 2 there and at OT it didn't go as well...

We came out with 52% possession overall from this game so it shows our first half of dominance was still better than United's second. Also when you consider our performances against Newcastle and Lazio where we played better than them and got nothing, and on top of that the long history of bad decisions at OT, one could argue we are just used to being unlucky as opposed to being lucky this time.

United got battered by Southampton and won 3-2 there just because they scored the goals away from home and weathered the storm. If any team knows you make your own luck it is United so I don't think luck came into this one more than any other game. Both sides had senior players missing and we were better than them on the day.

HyNdZee said:
We came out with 52% possession overall from this game so it shows our first half of dominance was still better than United's second.

:sandro: We came away with 26% overall.

[edit]haha, wtf. It's reporting 52% on OS website. That's a bold faced lie![/edit]

VirginiaSpur said:
HyNdZee said:
We came out with 52% possession overall from this game so it shows our first half of dominance was still better than United's second.

:sandro: We came away with 26% overall.

[edit]haha, wtf. It's reporting 52% on OS website. That's a bold faced lie![/edit]

Well fuck everything I said then.

Yeah, I checked the OS and the BBC to make sure our first half was as good as my intoxicated mind remembered, but they have just both fucked up completely and came up with the same fake stats.

My apologies to those who thought we rode our luck as we definitely did more than I realised, the official sources just don't want me to know about it.

:dawsonlol:

It's fine, the numbers don't tell the full story. We really did dominate in the first half, even if United held the ball longer. They were toothless.

Fuckers had about 500 more passes than us.

i remembered to post a reply too late but still

i was at work (a newspaper) while i was watching the game, the whole place was shaking when dempsey got the 3rd goal and people didn't understand what's going on.

too bad the team is "on turnmoil", i hope that AVB will get another chance cause things aren't looking bright for him :baletroll: .

TX7Vl.gif

paddyspurs said:
penpen said:

Put another way, had we lost to United, would there be more or less booing at half time of the next 0-0 match at WHL? Surely it would only be worse.

Exactly, well put.

Agreed.

One things for sure, if there is any booing due to an increase in expectations, it will only be from the people picking holes in the Utd win....the ones talking about how we rode our luck, could easily have had it gone against us, and that see this as a one off win.

Because you know what, its already sounded like this win wasnt perfect enough for some. Maybe 3-0 would have been acceptable?

It cerainly wont be the fans who were still exctatic well into Monday, booing the next time.

Funny that.

Finally got through all 54 pages!

Still buzzing, had it recorded and keep watching it back, the more I watch the more things I see, like man utd fans reactions to our goals, sooo funny!

Thought gallas, sandro, caulker, verts, dembele, bale and Defoe had excellent games. The others played their part.
Even our bench I thought was strong. Townsend could challenge Lennon still.

Love all the pics, especially Freund and avb going mental.

Can't smile without you spurs!!

A Utd fan at work has just burst into the office proclaiming that we parked the bus...who the fuck parks the bus and scores 3 goals??? :sandro:

We rode our luck slightly and defended superbly at times, panicked a tad at other times, but what side who wins at OT doesn't do all that??? FFS it's a bloody hard place to win, or even draw at.

Said on Friday that our midfield is simply better than theirs and will definitely cause them problems. At times, they simply couldn't handle the pace and power that we broke on them with.

This is much bigger than 3 points for the lads, this is a shot of belief for the entire club. We have now proved to ourselves that we're capable of winning absolutely anywhere. We will still draw 0vs0 at home to Wigan from time to time, we are Spurs, it's how we roll, and it's part of what makes supporting these bunch of lovable bastards so enthralling, heart-wrenching and exciting.

I fucking love you Spurs.

Alex Ferguson: foreign players only have themselves to blame if referees think they are diving

"As a subject it is not worth going down because we have known for quite a few years there are plenty of players diving and, you have to say, particularly foreign players"
[...]
"Nani is not the type to dive," said Ferguson. "He has never been that type of player.
"It was a penalty kick on Saturday. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.
"From the referee's position it was difficult because there were plenty of bodies in front of him. The linesman could have helped him but he didn't."

:avblol: He's still trying to find excuses.

Also, when it comes to the ENGLISH Premier League is he not also a foreigner? :baletroll:

Cripps14 said:
Alex Ferguson: foreign players only have themselves to blame if referees think they are diving

"As a subject it is not worth going down because we have known for quite a few years there are plenty of players diving and, you have to say, particularly foreign players"
[...]
"Nani is not the type to dive," said Ferguson. "He has never been that type of player.
"It was a penalty kick on Saturday. Sometimes you get them, sometimes you don't.
"From the referee's position it was difficult because there were plenty of bodies in front of him. The linesman could have helped him but he didn't."

:avblol: He's still trying to find excuses.

Also, when it comes to the ENGLISH Premier League is he not also a foreigner? :baletroll:

Well... it's not the english premier league though. It's that Barclays Premier League.

Also, What of messers (cunts) Rooney, Young and Welbeck, Fergie?

ArtyB said:
[ Image ]

MaynoothSpur said:
We should all learn the choreography of that celebration. It can be like our Poznan, only way better.

That's all very well, be it might be dangerous for any kids in the crowd.

fuck the kids (not in a Jimmy Saville way!) it'll be ANYONE within a 360' ratio of that AVB swing-punch...

a.k.a: The AVB Swunch!

Back
Top Bottom