Match thread: panathinaikos vs tottenham (europa league)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tricky said:
Well then you'd better watch this in the end as well.

We're a superstitious bunch sometimes.

I would personally want everyone wearing same clothes, doing the same thing and in same place as they were for last Saturday, say between now and the end of May.

:gazza: :gazza2:

That can be arranged :parkerhmm:

tricky said:
Thelonious said:
I'll be on a train for 95% of the game, mostly on the underground with no phone signal. :(
ITV4 + 1.

Or record and watch, set all the clocks / watches in the house to the kick off time (and you have to pretend it is real time, which unfortunately means sitting through the crap adds and even crapper 'analysis - no fast forwarding) when you start watching and we might just scrape through.

I expect nothing less than the above.

:adegrin2:
I'm on the podcast that night, might catch the dying embers of the game but not holding out much hope.

Thelonious said:
tricky said:
Thelonious said:
I'll be on a train for 95% of the game, mostly on the underground with no phone signal. :(
ITV4 + 1.

Or record and watch, set all the clocks / watches in the house to the kick off time (and you have to pretend it is real time, which unfortunately means sitting through the crap adds and even crapper 'analysis - no fast forwarding) when you start watching and we might just scrape through.

I expect nothing less than the above.

:adegrin2:
I'm on the podcast that night, might catch the dying embers of the game but not holding out much hope.

Doing the podcast on a Thursday?!?!

ollieXcore said:
I'd go with:

Lloris

Smith - Caulker - Dawson - Vertonghen

Huddlestone - Dembele

Falque - Sigurdsson - Townsend

Dempsey

Livermore, Adebayor and Naughton have been mentioned by some, are they fit and training?

Dempsey likes to play more as a CF or CAM not so much a lone striker, but he finishes better than Sig so this makes sense. Based off of AVB's comments he is looking to do well in Europe and I see Dafoe starting up front with Dempsey as a sub (or vice versa).

Am I crazy to think that I think Bale and/or Lennon will be starting?

red_WHITE&BLUE said:
Dempsey likes to play more as a CF or CAM not so much a lone striker, but he finishes better than Sig so this makes sense. Based off of AVB's comments he is looking to do well in Europe and I see Dafoe starting up front with Dempsey as a sub (or vice versa).

Am I crazy to think that I think Bale and/or Lennon will be starting?

:defoe:

But on the Bale/Lennon thing. If at all I'd play Lennon. He'll probably get a rest during the international break, whereas Bale will be playing for Wales. Probably full 90 in two games. (One of which is against Charlie Adam and Scott Brown. :avbshit: )

Team I think AVB will put out:

Lloris
Walker Caulker Dawson Vertonghen
Huddlestone Dembele
Sigurdsson
Lennon Dempsey Townsend

Bench:
Gomes, Smith, Mason, Falque, Defoe, Obika, Sandro

Going to be a tough game, wouldn't be surprised if the bench is stonger than the one I picked.

427909_10151116206353505_1787908877_n.jpg

Ade finally training ... really hope he plays and gets back in action!

williams316 said:
Thanks.I thought i heard they were flying out thursday morning because of all the shit going on there must have been me.

Well Sandro just posted this on Instagram

3e4061cc0d3a11e2b3ea1231381b679f_7.jpg

Looks like he's ready to head off somewhere.

Any news on whether Naughton and Adebayor travelled?

I like the way we are treating the competition so far, with respect but also taking the opportunity to fully use the squad.

I liked seeing the youngsters last year, but felt Harry got the balance wrong and went to far by not having enough senior players.

If Naughton is fit to start, and Adebayor fit to feature I would like to line up

.............................Lloris

Naughton.......Dawson.....Caulker......Vertonghen

.................Huddlestone....Carroll
...Lennon..............Dempsey............Townsend

..........................Defoe

Ive been really impressed with how Naughton seems to use the ball intelligently at LB so am desperate to see him in his natural position. He might not be as explosive as Walker but I think if he plays the game smarter he could be a real asset there. If not him then I would go with Smith.

Dawson needs games and will provide leadership.

Caulker is at a stage where "the more games the better" applies. And it gives Old man gallas a break.

Id like to avoid Vertonghen at LB, but it doesnt look possible.

This is a chance for Huddlestone to get more minutes. In a european game the pace and less physical approach really suits him, and with Dempsey to slide balls to or the pace of Lennon/Townsend to aim for I think he would be in his element.

I know Carroll is built like an anorexic 12 year old girl, but I think he is a fabulous footballer - very reminiscent of Modric. Again, being europe, Im not inclined to worry to much about his stature. And with Huddlestone sitting a bit and Dempsey ahead of him I feel he has enough support to really flourish.

Lennon not being a feature for England leaves me happy to play him, giving Bale the night off seems a safe option with Townsend being given the chance to shine. If he progresses as it looks like he might, he could be a real asset come the winter months - so the more exposure he gets now the better.

Defoe is in form and frankly there are few other options, though I would absolutely want to see Adebayor playing at some point.

Back
Top Bottom