Match thread: panathinaikos vs tottenham (europa league)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

penpen said:
SadlerTHFC said:
JDK said:
This was your typical let down game after a big win. I don't think we were so much physically tired as we were emotionally tired. Wish AVB had put a few more younger players to give a little hunger to the side today. It's not a huge deal though. A win against Villa on Saturday would be huge.

Agree. Win against Villa and everyone will forget about this game :coys:

Am I right in saying it would be the first home win of the season in all competitions? Agreed, would be huge.

You would be right if our 2-1 win against QPR was nothing more then a friendly game

boneycrisp said:
penpen said:
Am I right in saying it would be the first home win of the season in all competitions? Agreed, would be huge.

You would be right if our 2-1 win against QPR was nothing more then a friendly game
:avbfacepalm: :avbfacepalm: :avbfacepalm:

One facepalm for each goal we will score this weekend in what will be our second home win of the season.

I still think we've got a good chance to win the group, even 4 points out of the next two against Maribor will leave us in a good position for the last two games. This is a tough group, I don't think the third place team will be on 10 points this time around.

Blanchflower said:
Fucking hell, I got slated in Utd match thread for telling people not to get carried away with a slightly lucky win and slated here for telling people not to despair at dropping a few points in a match we deserved to win....

Well, it's different people that you're talking about. I didn't slate you in the man united thread, although I didn't in this one either actually, I just resented being accused of having a sense of entitlement just because I was disappointed we didn't hang onto the win last night.

I didn't see anybody despair in this thread, nobody said the manager is shit. From what I can see, you're not happy if people say they are happy after beating a team we haven't beat for 23 years, and you're not happy if people aren't happy that we lost from a winning position against a ropey side.

Anyway, whatever, I have no problem with you I just feel we should be able to take pleasure in winning and disappointment in losing without being accused of glory hunting, booing, or being anti or pro the manager.

I guess I just take the view that they were both individually just one game, and so won't overreact to think the Utd win (which was pretty lucky) means we are great or that yesterday (which was pretty unlucky) means we are shit - neither is going to make or break our season.

Blanchflower said:
I guess I just take the view that they were both individually just one game, and so won't overreact to think the Utd win (which was pretty lucky) means we are great or that yesterday (which was pretty unlucky) means we are shit - neither is going to make or break our season.

Dont know who else is doing that either to be honest. You didnt check people after Utd for saying we are great and going to win the PL (as no one did).

You checked people for still being happy on the Monday.

hey we're not doing too bad.

there's lots more we could be worried about.

I think his team is coming together

Thought Walker was probably our best player in the second half and made a brilliant tackle in his own area.
Would of brought Townsend on earlier for Bale.

Blanchflower said:
Cripps14 said:
Still love him. :dawson:

Agreed, but his character and attitude only gets him so far though.

Which is probably why Freund has a soft spot for him... after all, HE VAS ZE MASTER OF ZE CHARACTER UND ATTITUDE WIZZOUT ZE ABILITIES, NEIN?

Back
Top Bottom