Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At this point may well go down as one of the worst signings of the Levy era - up there with the likes of Pamarot, Gilberto, Callum Davenport and Rasiak

Imagine a club looking at his performance at Spurs and thinking “I’ll have some of that”
Maybe this is some more Mendes fuckery and he comes out with more bags of cash

I imagine they are looking at Semedo's Wolves performance and saying we want none of that.

Doherty was good at Wolves and fits what they are going to do with Nuno. I would advise them to try and find a newer/younger Doherty but they are the one team where you could see it making sense to bring him back.

Although as with most rumours I would guess this is BS that is an easy click bait article to write since he was there in the past and hasn't worked here.

I imagine they are looking at Semedo's Wolves performance and saying we want none of that.

Doherty was good at Wolves and fits what they are going to do with Nuno. I would advise them to try and find a newer/younger Doherty but they are the one team where you could see it making sense to bring him back.

Although as with most rumours I would guess this is BS that is an easy click bait article to write since he was there in the past and hasn't worked here.
Yea the situation with Wolves is slightly different as they have history. Still you'd think they should be somewhat wary as his form as just dropped off completely.

You're right though, odds of this being BS reporting would be extremely high

Yea the situation with Wolves is slightly different as they have history. Still you'd think they should be somewhat wary as his form as just dropped off completely.

You're right though, odds of this being BS reporting would be extremely high

I imagine any deal for him would be so low in cost that there would be very little risk, especially with the poor options they currently have already.

This fella and Winks strike me as the type of players who need the team built around them completely. Meaning you have to spend so much time during training building EVERYTHING to account for their limitations. When you’re a big club with massive ambitions you simply do not have that kind of time.

Get rid.

At this point may well go down as one of the worst signings of the Levy era - up there with the likes of Pamarot, Gilberto, Callum Davenport and Rasiak
Throw in the fee (13m to Wolves), agent fee (guessing 4m), bung to Jose (3m?) and the wages paid to the thick, cross eyed halfwit (3m per year) and its bordering on a criminal offence

This fella and Winks strike me as the type of players who need the team built around them completely. Meaning you have to spend so much time during training building EVERYTHING to account for their limitations. When you’re a big club with massive ambitions you simply do not have that kind of time.

Get rid.
Imagine building a team around Winks lol.
What a load of shit that would be.
We're gonna struggle to move him on. He won't go out of London. Even Fulham are probably too good for him watching how they play.

As for Doherty, it's just another in the long, long, long line of cheap option not working out.
There are a few. The Bales, the Dele's, the Walkers.
But you can easily offset that with the 50 or so utter, spectacular failures we've bought and then struggled to sell on.

No one told Levy the old "buy cheap buy twice" phrase.

As for Doherty, it's just another in the long, long, long line of cheap option not working out.
There are a few. The Bales, the Dele's, the Walkers.
But you can easily offset that with the 50 or so utter, spectacular failures we've bought and then struggled to sell on.

No one told Levy the old "buy cheap buy twice" phrase.
Or “you get what you pay for “!

Back
Top Bottom