Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

miserable looking ......... I'm struggling for the word..................person!
He was the "Irish Cafu" when we signed him.
Just like Alan Hutton was the "Scottish Cafu".
How times change....
Unless I've forgotten someone, I think Danny Thomas & your hubbie are probably the best RBs I've seen turn out for our club, even if Stevie P was a midfielder converted to CB converted to RB.

He was the "Irish Cafu" when we signed him.
Just like Alan Hutton was the "Scottish Cafu".
How times change....
Unless I've forgotten someone, I think Danny Thomas & your hubbie are probably the best RBs I've seen turn out for our club, even if Stevie P was a midfielder converted to CB converted to RB.
Joe Kinnear was the first one that I can remember. But totally agree re Stevie and Danny, and I suppose Danny Rose for a couple of seasons (think I've got my left and right correct!)

Joe Kinnear was the first one that I can remember. But totally agree re Stevie and Danny, and I suppose Danny Rose for a couple of seasons (think I've got my left and right correct!)
I hesitate to suggest this, but you may have got your left & right mixed up. But then it is Danny Rose, and hopefully you've had a nightcap. I certainly have.
The FB I remember playing left and right was Chris Hughton, who was good, but not as good as Danny T or Stevie P.
Stephen Carr was a pretty good RB too. But he thought Newcastle were a bigger club than us, so I've largely erased him from my Spurs memories.

I hesitate to suggest this, but you may have got your left & right mixed up. But then it is Danny Rose, and hopefully you've had a nightcap. I certainly have.
The FB I remember playing left and right was Chris Hughton, who was good, but not as good as Danny T or Stevie P.
Stephen Carr was a pretty good RB too. But he thought Newcastle were a bigger club than us, so I've largely erased him from my Spurs memories.
Yes, I get my left and right mixed up all the time, amazed I passed my driving test first time!!
Chrissie Hughton was very underrated IMO, he and Tony Galvin made a great partnership down the left side of the pitch.
And agree re Stephen Carr too :)

On the subject of Full backs. Anyone else heard the Spurs show (no boos) interview with Dean Austin ? I had no idea he was so “Spurs”. Great listen.

On the subject of Full backs. Anyone else heard the Spurs show (no boos) interview with Dean Austin ? I had no idea he was so “Spurs”. Great listen.
I didn't mind Dean, he wasn't the best, but he certainly wasn't the worst! My friend went out with them for a while:)

I didn't mind Dean, he wasn't the best, but he certainly wasn't the worst! My friend went out with them for a while:)
Claims to fame. I used to live next door to Ludek Miklosko. He never took me out.....

I have zero memories of Dean Austin playing for Spurs, how odd is that given I had a season ticket in those years ( although I think I skipped most of the 98-01 period )

Claims to fame. I used to live next door to Ludek Miklosko. He never took me out.....

I have zero memories of Dean Austin playing for Spurs, how odd is that given I had a season ticket in those years ( although I think I skipped most of the 98-01 period )
TBH, my over-riding memory of Dean, was being skinned by the lovely Daveed, when playing for Newcastle. One of the happiest days of my life was when we signed him (remember the days when we used to make spectacular signings?!?).

TBH, my over-riding memory of Dean, was being skinned by the lovely Daveed, when playing for Newcastle. One of the happiest days of my life was when we signed him (remember the days when we used to make spectacular signings?!?).
Yep. Back when we were a small club and before Levy was gracious enough to make us a big club again.

Back
Top Bottom