Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My guess is highly likely to be right and I did watch all 90 minutes of the game.
If you don't want to answer my question that's fair enough.
Your guess is just arrant nonsense.

Just between 70 to 73min, Andersen pinged the ball 4x over Doherty and onto the foot of the attacker in the space behind him, first two were to Robinson and another two to Lookman. Each time, Doherty was poorly positioned.

If you truly watched the game like you claim, it raises serious questions about the quality of your eyesight.

Whats he meant to say? If he has a go at him everyone says oh he shouldnt be doing that thats not how its done nowadays
I think he knows the criticism he is getting and is trying to build confidence. Doherty was good for Wolves and therefore can play but is having a hard time/out of form and Mourinho is trying to get him playing better which we would all like.

'I was so happy with Matt Doherty's performance (at Fulham)."
Quote on clubs website from Mourinho.

Mourinho can't win though. If he praises a player who fans think had a poor game he get slaughtered for it, and if he says the player was poor he gets slaughtered for throwing them under the best.

Doherty obviously isn’t a shit player. He was very good for Wolves. We just aren’t set up to play to his strengths.

I know he has limitations defensively, not a good look for a defender to be fair, but he’s strong in an attacking sense.

The difference was when he was at Wolves, he was able to get forward without thinking “what the fuck is going to happen back there if I’m up the field?”. I really believe a lot of what we’ve seen from him is due to him always having to think too much about the defensive fuck up that is bound to come from our central defence if he is attacking.

Add a strong CB or two in the summer and I think we’ll see the best of him next season.

Doherty obviously isn’t a shit player. He was very good for Wolves. We just aren’t set up to play to his strengths.

I know he has limitations defensively, not a good look for a defender to be fair, but he’s strong in an attacking sense.

The difference was when he was at Wolves, he was able to get forward without thinking “what the fuck is going to happen back there if I’m up the field?”. I really believe a lot of what we’ve seen from him is due to him always having to think too much about the defensive fuck up that is bound to come from our central defence if he is attacking.

Add a strong CB or two in the summer and I think we’ll see the best of him next season.
Give off it matey, he’s not shit but he’s wank. OK, big difference in the two, but still no quality in either :ossie:

Back
Top Bottom