Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

IMO Walker has regressed massively each season after leaving us. He's probably Man City's weakest link in the back 5 atm. Costs them in almost every big game in the CL - made costly brainfarts against Liverpool, us and Lyon. Pretty meh in attack as well.
He might have regressed (disagree completly that he's their weak link given the fact they've played all season without a CB pairing and an LB coming back from a serious injury) but he's still better than both of our current RB's.

Watched him play in flat 4 today. Not something I've seen him do much given he always plays wing back for Wolves.
I was happy with the way he played. Looked comfortable in a 4.

What I enjoyed watching most from him was he stretched the pitch so much. He is always out on the touchline. This will create space for whoever plays in the inside right channel. Lucas, Bergwijn, or Lamela.
We just need someone in the middle of the pitch to switch the play out to him because there is tons of space to exploit.

Watched him play in flat 4 today. Not something I've seen him do much given he always plays wing back for Wolves.
I was happy with the way he played. Looked comfortable in a 4.

What I enjoyed watching most from him was he stretched the pitch so much. He is always out on the touchline. This will create space for whoever plays in the inside right channel. Lucas, Bergwijn, or Lamela.
We just need someone in the middle of the pitch to switch the play out to him because there is tons of space to exploit.

He also seemed to want the ball a lot (they seemed to not want to pass it to him on occasion) and didn’t hide.

He might have regressed (disagree completly that he's their weak link given the fact they've played all season without a CB pairing and an LB coming back from a serious injury) but he's still better than both of our current RB's.

,,,the weakest link with a couple of PL titles and innumerable Cup honours since leaving us, as well as a massively inflated bank balance to help pay for his 'off-field' activities. He must be inconsolable!

Even as the so called 'weakest link', I'd take him instead of any of our current 'defence'

IMO Walker has regressed massively each season after leaving us. He's probably Man City's weakest link in the back 5 atm. Costs them in almost every big game in the CL - made costly brainfarts against Liverpool, us and Lyon. Pretty meh in attack as well.
Think its fair to say we got the very best out of him but City could offer him dosh and a trophy

Think its fair to say we got the very best out of him but City could offer him dosh and a trophy

We got his best years and sold him for a great price.

But because we got the Aurier move wrong, we never adequately replaced him and would have been a better side with him in it these last few years even as he declined.

It's a difficult business at this level.

Going forward he is good, but defensively he struggled. Will be interesting to see him adjust to a back 4 where he is asked to hold the line much more than he did at Wolves under Santos.
Disagree.
He was up against Richarlison and he played smart against him until late in the game when he tired.
Nearly scored, was unpredictable unlike Aurier

Will have to judge him after a few more games.

There were promising signs - but also worrying signs in a back four. Could put that down to him not being with us long or playing in this system at all under Jose bar today.

We'll see.

Southampton away won't be easy.

Back
Top Bottom